BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone here asked that I post about the Zumo/Scala setup I recently purchased. Here it is........

The Zumo mounted to the original Garman mount that I used with the SP-III. The only extras I need to buy were four longer screws for the mount. The power wire supplied by Garmin only needed a pair of connectors for the blade connectors used by the dash light. Even removing the windshield & dash cover to get at the wiring, the install took less than an hour.

The bluetooth between the Zumo & the Scala set linked first try & works great.
The voice commands are clear & loud enough for all but the noisiest places. Even with high wind noise & semi trucks on both sides of you you can hear that the GPS has information for you. If the noise prevents you from hearing the info, it's on the screen.

The Zumo is fast at recalculating, easy to use, & contains all the information I've needed so far. The USB cable makes downloads from the computer a breeze.

The weakest link in the system is the intercom between rider & passenger. It works better than I expected, but it is still a little weak on volume. The GPS takes precedence over the intercom & you have to talk loud enough to restart the com link to get it back. Other than that the system is all it's advertised to be.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks Jinks. I have been waiting for the reports to come in as this may be my next upgrade (probably next year though) as I already have the Scala Rider and have been very happy with it.

Randy

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're already happy with your Scala then you'll be very pleased with the Zumo addition. That part of the system works better than the intercom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts