BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just updated my Zumo 665 with latest maps(2014) and firmware, on my little data pipe it took all night to download ( <1.5 Mbps).

Now it does not see my XM antenna and my cell phone (Droid Razor) does not work, even though it shows as paired and gives status. HMMMMMMM, Garmin? What have you done now?

Any one else have the same issues? I need to do a 84k service this weekend so will troubleshoot connections and re-pair the bluetooth. I will let you know what I find.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Nope.
Don't remember how long it took.
So, unfortunately cannot offer any suggestions.
Bob

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
I recently loaded the new maps but it did not have a firmware update for the 660. Maybe I was lucky?

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Started working again with no input from me, took the bike apart anyway for service, checked all the connections, no movement. Oh Well, the Gremlins strike again, I guess I gotta ring that little bell more....grin.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Glad you got it working again Bob.
I did a map update in September but I can't recall if I did any firmware upgrade while I was at it... (A.G.E virus :rolleyes:)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I did update and now I can no longer upload routes from mapsource. I called Garmin and their reply was "yeah, you have to use Basecamp now". Nice way to make people use an inferior product. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and learn Basecamp, juk!

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Try mapquest on line; at times its a pain to modify the route, but it works while when I've tried Base Camp I cannot get it to do anything!!

the first software my garmin unit came with was also a what the F***?!!

Bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did update and now I can no longer upload routes from mapsource. I called Garmin and their reply was "yeah, you have to use Basecamp now". Nice way to make people use an inferior product. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and learn Basecamp, juk!
Continue to use Mapsource, if you like. Save file as a GPX instead of a GDB.

Connect your 665 to your PC via USB cable. Click on your saved GPX file and drag it into the Zumo 665 GPX folder using Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

Jim Puckett
Midland MI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts