BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I received an email from the person who had agreed to me a new unit rather than the third refurbished unit. Garmin didn't have any new 665s so I reluctantly agreed to accept another refurbished unit

I knew he was aware that this unit also has a problem, that I refused to send it back under the agreement that if Garmin couldn't duplicate the problem, they'd send it back to me.

He cleared with management that they will replace this unit with a new one. Plus, they eMailed an attachment mailing label so that I do not have to pay for the return postage.

Somebody at Garmin cared!

This third unit I'm sending back was giving me the MP3 files not found message. Rebooting the unit, drilling down, if it found the files then starting the player again, at the beginning of the music files, again!

I just do not want to have to do that any more!! Rarely will I pull over to the side of the road, or exit off the road, kick stand down, lean bike over, and start playing around rebooting the unit. One hand off the handle bar while I'm rebooting and punching the screen, having to look at the screen, just not as safe as not doing that.

So. If these 660 and 665s are still unreliable, I'll sell the 665 and find something reliable and a safe way to hear music.

Is this still a problem? Playing music, are they finally reliable?

Best from Tucson
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Bob,
Maybe Garmin saw your post and decided you were right after all. Hope 4th time is a charm for you.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This fellow Paul has been aware since offering a new unit to replace the 2nd refurbished unit. Shortly after calling Garmin with a request for an RMA and replacement with a new unit, and Garmin wanting to send the unit back to me if they couldn't duplicate the problem, he contacted me to see how things were going.

So, at least somebody either in or closely associated to customer service, cares. More importantly either has decision making capability or can reach out to someone who does.

I'm back to my initial opinion, Garmin has good-way above good customer service, BUT! one has to be lucky to connect with the right person for way above average help.

So, on to the last unreliability issue, MP3 files not found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts