BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ebay has a NEW 660 for $349 including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garmin-zumo-660-Motorcycle-GPS-Receiver-NO-MAPS-/200807572605

I am NOT the seller and in fact I just purchased (using Pay Pal) in case there is something fishy going on.

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is
Type: Motorcycle
MPN: 010-00727-01, 010-00727-00
Brand: Garmin
Features: 3D Map View, MP3 Player, Audio Book Player
Model: zumo 660
Screen Size: 3.81 in. x 2.25 in.

The only problem is no maps? (removed the comments on screen size)

BUT the part #s listed 010-00727-01, 010-00727-00 are for the Zumo 660

How the heck did they get the maps off a "brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging" item?

Somethings sounds fishy, but at that price I will take a chance and see what shows up. If I do not get a brand new and in the box items I can get Pay PAL to fight for my refund.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,068 Posts
My Zumo 660 has a screen that measures those dimentions.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I stand corrected

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 5.3"W x 3.3"H x .9"D (13.5 x 8.4 x 2.3 cm)
Display size, WxH: 3.81"W x 2.25"H (9.7 x 5.7 cm); 4.3" diag (10.9 cm)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,068 Posts
Yeah kind weird about the maps. But you can by lifetime mpas for the 660 for $89.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johnbaker15 said:
Paul,
I sent the seller a question about the no maps claim, I'll post if they reply.
I posted a question yesterday asking what came in the box. Then the QTY available went from 10-6 in a few hours.

Like I said, if it does not come new in the box with everything but MAPS I can contact Pay Pal.

Also with that being said, as I was doing the research there is a new model, the Zumo 660LM

Lifetime maps. Maybe that is what the seller is confused about.

But I but in the next few hours he will be sold out...

:dance:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DanDiver said:
Mine came loaded with the maps. Occasionally I'll update them. In fact, I think a new update just came put.

Dan, Did you get one from this seller on ebay?

That is the curious question.. How can he sell brand new in the box never opened without maps?

Especially since the part # listed on ebay is for a "new unit" not a refurb..

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Paul,

No, mine came from the local dealer in Tampa, (with my bike) but it was sealed in the box. I've never heard of a GPS without its initial set of maps.

They might mean that it does not include updates. Seems like a good price.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Paul,
I just took the bite also. This will be to replace my StreetPilot 2610 for my RT. I also looked on the Garmin website and did see the North America map for $79. Now, once the gps arrives and I can test it, I will need to order the correct cable to connect to the bmw audio system and my bmw J&M system.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is what it says is in the box with that part #

zūmo 660
Preloaded City Navigator® NT for U.S. and Canada or Europe (full coverage)
MapSource® City Navigator North America NT DVD or City Navigator Europe NT DVD (full unlock)*
Motorcycle mount with integrated power cable and mounting hardware
Carrying case
Battery pack
Automotive suction cup mount**
Automotive power cable
USB cable
Dashboard disk
Quick start manual

I guess the maps have been removed?

I guess we will see..

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you look at their negative and neutral feedbacks there seems to be 2 recurring themes, product was not new and product was no longer in stock (didn't have it).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
With Garmin when you purchase a NEW or Refurbished unit you are entitled to the latest maps up to six months from the day you register it with Garmin. Not having maps installed is a first. I own several Garmin units. Mostly new ones. I only purchased two that were factory refurbished. No issues with any of them. At least major ones. The Ebay item is vague on the information but the seller states NEW in original box. So it should be just that.
I purchased one this morning and the seller already shipped using UPS. I have buyers protection from Ebay and PayPal. I am not concerned if this is a scam purchase.
It should arrive by the end of the week if all goes well.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I was also interested to replace my old 2820 but I did not get any response to my questions I sent the other day.

Hopefully it is as stated!! NEW

Please let us know when you receive.

Don

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Mine fell through somehow. I paid by PayPal and at first it tried to charge my old credit card. I then selected my new card and thought that I completed the purchase and thought that I saw a confirmation, but it never went through and nothing has been charged to my account. It may have been someone telling me that I really did not need the 660.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Just came in the mail. Yes it is BRAND new in the Garmin box. Brackets, hardware and other stuff in sealed packages. Not Refurbished. I turned it on and it does NOT have any mapping software as stated. No problem I will register it with Garmin later on today and get the Free maps they offer with new products up to a certain time frame.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mine came in Friday.

the box was a little damaged, but the device looks new and DOES have a map on it.

All the hardware came in the box, but no software.

I will play look into the map version and other stuff in a few weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts