BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all,

I just got a Zumo 660 and am playing with it for the first time.

Question: I find that the touchscreen display is surprisingly insensitive to finger pressure. I have to press it rather hard and hold my finger for a brief moment, in order to have the "click" register.

This is in stark contrast to other Garmin devices I have: a few Nuvis, a StreetPilot 2820 and 2730, which are very easy to touch.

For those of you who have had experience with older units and can compare: is the low sensitivity of my 660 normal? Did you also find that you have to press so much harder? Or, do I simply have a bum unit?

TIA, Robert.

·
Cat Herder
1,516 Posts
I have the Nav IV 660 and it takes a little more preasure to push the buttons than the Zumo 550 but it isn't overly insensitive. Call Garmin, I'm sure there is a reset for that.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I suspect that when it's powered on there's "boot up" stuff going on in the background as my 660 is initially a little unresponsive for about a minute or two and then it's all good. Now I also have 15GB of music loaded on it, and I know it does a music and photo catalog check (browse button takes about a minute to show up) so I imagine that slows it down too.....

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,420 Posts
I get the same thing - I have to press a little harder (think "Click" screen rather than "Touch" screen).

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Mine had an initial set up on all four sides and the touch seems to be light and normal. Yours might be defective.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have found mine to be harder to the touch of a finger. However, I have learned to touch with fingernail and it works with very little pressure.... try that....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts