BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of these from Bob's BMW?

http://store.bobsbmw.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2244

Looks pretty good. I've been in need of a replacement windshield for some time now. Mine is all scratched up and is basically useless when the sun hits it during my rides into work.

I already ordered it (what the heck - something to do one weekend while watching the snow melt) and I'll give a review of how it works in the spring.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Found a brand new one on eBay for $135.00 and it has been one of the best buys I have made. On two up riding it cuts so much wind down for your PAX.
Shop around, there is one on eBay now, used but looks in good condition. Search K1200LT.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
That's commonly known as the V-stream, and yes, I would guess several thousand of us have tried it. Some hate it, others - like me - think it the best out there... there are hundreds of threads on the subject, probably ranking #3 in popularity right behind oil and tire threads. ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RonKMiller said:
That's commonly known as the V-stream, and yes, I would guess several thousand of us have tried it. Some hate it, others - like me - think it the best out there... there are hundreds of threads on the subject, probably ranking #3 in popularity right behind oil and tire threads. ;)

(Tat feels an open hand dope-slapping his bald head, and hears a distant voice .... "use the search function, dummy"......)

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Tat_n_Telle said:
(Tat feels an open hand dope-slapping his bald head, and hears a distant voice .... "use the search function, dummy"......)
I join you on an almost daily basis - bitch slapping my bald little head with my palm - evidenced by a very deep and pronounced flat spot on my micro encephalic orb right above my brow. :thumb: ;)

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I have a V stream, and I also have a CeeBailey #2, minus 4 with wings. I like the wind protection of the Cee Bailey much better, as does my wife. Plus with the -4 I can see over it much better. However, the optical clarity on the V Stream is much better, and it is probably a much better overall windshield. Just my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts