BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI for those interested. I have a new 2011RT and though the stock windshield wasn't bad (I am 6' with a 32-33 inseam, have the BMW comfort saddle and standard suspension) the Ztechnik standard height screen works quite nicely. Less noise and buffeting in the all the way down position while still getting some air on the helmet (Helps keep your helmet shield free of rain, raise it just a little and almost dead quiet). I highly recommend it, funny thing is when I had my R1200R I purchased a ztechnik and hated it, the noise was unbearable.

Dave

·
Registered
688 Posts
Dave,
I have a 08 R1200R with the 18 1/2" VStream on it and it works fine for me. I guess I am shorter in the body and sit lower behind it. I also use a cut down VStream for summer, so I don't have to change out the mounting hardware every time I change the shield. I don't mind the wind in the Summer. It has been a great combo for me.

That is why I always recommend people go to a rally where the vendors are and try them on your bike. It can get awfully expensive trying shields till you find one that works for you.

That's how I found the one for my LT after trying a Cee Bailey shield that made my passenger unhappy. You know how that goes.

Ultra LT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts