BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any pro's or con's concerning the ZTechnic luggage rack. Sells for about half the price (276.87) of factory rack. I have a 2005 1200 LT.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I've got one and love it. They are a bit of a pain to install, I ended up takeing mine to the dealer as I was scared to drill into the top case. The end result is worth it. IMO they look better and sturdier than the factory rack.

·
Prodigal Son
1,297 Posts
Advantage --Stronger, imho --better looking
Disadvantage-- Heavier-- weight is always an issue---Stronger--more tendency to overload, a bit tweeky to install at times , seems about 1 in 4 or 5 has to be "corrected " for alignment. Not really difficult , but still a pita and time consuming.
BTW, love mine and it was one of those needing a tweek or two.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I really like my Harley rack and bag from Paul Sayeg

·
Registered
199 Posts
DaveDragon said:
I have the ZT rack and think it's a much more functional rack than the stock one.
Easy to install, same holes, just make them a little larger.

I also have a Mags Bag that is made for it and works well.
Do you still have your BMW stock rack? If so, I might be interested in taking it off your hands.

·
Miles of Smiles
1,054 Posts
I have both their rack and armrests. Yet to install. I agree with the comments above but would add that the OEM rack has IMO a better led array. I'm planning to do a swap when I exchange racks. Cheers

·
Registered
538 Posts
ozzie2 said:
Any pro's or con's concerning the ZTechnic luggage rack. Sells for about half the price (276.87) of factory rack. I have a 2005 1200 LT.
Great rack. If you do not have the holes drilled already from the factory rack follow the template carefully. I thought it didn't look quite right and sure enough, I was one of the 1 in 4 that had to make some ahhh adjustments. Love the rack though and it looks good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts