BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Look at the bottom of this page for related questions. Also, do a search and you will find many posts and opinions.

I like mine. This summer I thought that I would go back to the oem short shield but the buffeting was so much I went back to the Z Tech.

If you have not seen it, the National Cycle site has a video of the shield resisting a shotgun blast. Pretty Cool. Breakage is the most common issue discussed with aftermarket shields.

·
Registered
280 Posts
david_yancey said:
Has anyone gone the Z Technik VStream® K 1200 LT Windshield route?

Thoughts?
Love mine, a slight drop in the MPG but, I'm still getting 48 MPG on the highway, so no big deal!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It seems to provide good protection, esp. on long distance riding.

My wife esp. likes it. With the factory stock windshield, she was buffeted under her chin--and experienced whiplash!! (OK, well, almost!) With the V-shield, the buffeting was much reduced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi David,
Like a lot of the other guys I'm on my second Lt.
I updated to the new Z Technics screen this year and what a vast improvement. Mainly for the wife, we both wear series four helmets and the wind used to cause some discomfort to her.
I'd previously fitted an Eagle screen which are a local screen maker and simply made the design four inches higher than the standard BMW screen.
The new screen is a little higher than I'm used to riding with, but hey it's fantastic. No distortion and assists in a more pleasant ride.
GO FOR IT !
Bruce
West Ausy

·
Registered
284 Posts
The best endorsement for this shield is . . . . my wife said on the first ride after installation of the Z Technik "it was money well spent". Nuff said!

:)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm not sure it's as good as the stock windshield with the Laminar Lip...but it's good.

In the trees, or without crosswinds, it's absolutely quiet behind the windshield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts