BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Been some time since we met at Coff's.
Just thought I'd mention to those of you with LT's or similar that we have our very own ZTechnics agent now living in the East Coast of this fine country.
This is an American supplier of all the add on's for Beamers, Things like arm rests, "V Stream" wind screens and the Trunk Rack for the top box, just to name a few items that can be obtained from this company.
The contact details for this very helpful guy are:
The companies name = Mototoys
The contact name is = Rod Janzen
contact number is = 0400284840
His prices are better than direct from the U S of A as he's really great to deal with. A bike rider as well.
He's a little hard to contact straight off the cuff, as Rod is a Fireman. But he will return your calls and real easy to talk to.
Anyway any questions and I would be more than prepared to assist.
Regards,
Bruce
WA
#ULYSSES 39110

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Hi Bruce.
I've looked at his site a few times for the Z-technik screen. Seems his prices are pretty reasonable from what I remember.
Did you buy something from him?
cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chris,
Yes have purchased the arm rest from the States and now purchased the Screen and Top box Rack. Price for both amounted to $649.00 landed here in Perth. I have to wait for my bike to return after some serious panel damage
received on Good Friday whilst heading South. Took on a Toyota Ute head on.
Going very slow and carefully around a corner covered with loose stones.
Both the "Speed Limiter" and I undamaged although the bike suffered major damage ($5800) to the front.
Rods really easy to talk to and more than eager to please.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
thanks for the heads up Bruce I have an eagle screen on mine very distorted to look through I hate it, I have been putting off getting another one and looking into one from the states but its so expensive mainly the shipping smaller items are not so bad. my original is stuffed cant put it back on

edit: good luck with your repairs glad your ok.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Linton,
I purchased both the screen and top box rack through Rod, after approaching the States and being advised that we have our own dealer now.
The difference between them both was about $40.00 Aust cheaper with a reduced postage fee. Where most things around the kilo or two work out to be around $85.00 Aus this lot cost all up $30.00 So well in front and only had to wait 5 days before there was a postal advise note in my letter box.
I've given our local dealer the rack to fit while they have the bike and I'll fit the screen when the arrives home again.
The screen I'm replacing is an Eagle screen to my design, I've been very happy with it, although the "Speed Limiter" still has the odd winge about tubulance. This is what the new screens been designed to reduce and stands after mounting approx 5" (125mm for you younguns) higher than the standard BMW screen that comes on the bike.
Bruce

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have ordered my new z technic screen what a great guy to deal with. sending it tomorrow and if I dont like it send it back full refund no questions asked.

Edit: I have today ordered my new trunk latch from the states should be here in a couple of weeks cant wait for it to come

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Linton,
Yep, real easy guy to deal with and a pleasure at the end of the day to make the deal with, he'd actually sent off the goods to me before receiving my cheque which takes some trust in your fellow man eh!
Hope you're happy, the side and top seem to be the main areas of change.
Bruce

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
sounds like a great contact guys, thanks.

Bruce, didn't really pick up on the accident part before... glad you're both OK!! Guess you were both well-dressed for the "occasion" since no reports of gravel rash.....?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Gidday Chris,
Always ride with the Dragons and a Jacket, alway have.
The bike was actually stuck with the front wheel, guard and parts of the faring stuck under his roo bar. We were able to step off the bike without holding same until we dislodged bike, the trailer and passengers were unharmed (LUCKY EH !).

Wouldn't have been on anything else !

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
This is why I always carry a camera on the bike!!!!
Glad you're both OK!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
hi all
well I have recieved the new ztecknic screen from mototoys and tried it out it is a tad tall dont need to raise it at all solo, but will be ok it is fantastic to look through zero distorsion great service and delivery from supplier.
now just waiting for the new trunk latch from the states :D

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
After the Snowy Ride I decided to buy a Ztechnic Vstream from Rod at Mototoys. He had one available (pre-exchange rate disaster according to website) bit it was still fairly pricey at $319.
Installed yesterday (took all of 10 minutes, including cleaning the built-up grime off the metal clips that sit against the shield) but not had a ride yet.
Significantly taller than the Euro-cut OEM short shield I've been used to, so I hope that isn't a problem with the daily commute. If it is I'll swap back to the short shield for summer and use it for longer trips or winter running.

How have you guys been finding yours, still happy with them after a number of months running?

Chris

comparison pics here

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: Z Technics - VStream Screen

G'day Chris and Everyone,

I recently purchased the VStream screen from Rod in NSW, Rode with it for a while but found it a little tall. This screen would be perfect if it was 3 inches shorter. We found two up it did reduce some buffeting but Simone was finding it very annoying in her ears. She experienced constant drone at certain speeds, a little like coming down from a mountain. She thought the buffeting was easier to put up with. I also found with the screen being so tall, it is a little distracting having the top edge of the screen right in your line of sight. I was finding that I was always trying to raise my head a little, plus in traffic this was a concer in regards to concentration.

It,s now back in the box. I am 180cm so reasonably tall and this screen is just to high.
It's for sale if anyone is interested.

I have gone back to using my vision screen from NZ. This is excellent but I thought with the shape of the Vstream that this would make things just that much better. It did not.
I must note though that the quality of finnish is excellent.

Ride safe

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
as stated they are a bit tall but I love mine the missus said it was great, just done 2 weeks in tassie and had it up full every day didnt break it even when we fell off :eek: right side of the bike is not pretty.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Axle said:
...didnt break it even when we fell off :eek: right side of the bike is not pretty.
Hi Linton,
I hope that you guys are both okay... What happened?

Ian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts