BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 02LT I have the "BMW" audio system (cd changer,tape deck,intercom,GPS) that was made by JM. The upper cords are only lasting me about a year. The helmet cords are all Z-Series. The passenger upper and lower cords are $40 and $70. JM doesn't currently sell or produce the driver lower cord. You can switch to P-Series cords and they are $20.00 each for upper and lower cords. JM says the lower cord in the P-Series is too short for the driver position.

The truth is, now that I have both lower cords in my hands, The lower P-series cord is about six inches longer than the lower Z-Series cord (nice for passenger) and about six inches shorter (still plenty long as it has twice as much coil) than the original lower driver cord that is no longer available. Honda of Russellville has the best price that I found on the net. They are selling on EBay.

The cables are:
HC-PAL upper cord
HC-PJM lower cord with dust cover

John

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I use the P cords front and back. I made a 16" extension and mounted it to an adell clamp near the left grip to make up for the short cord in the front. I always get them from Sierra electronics.

http://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=238

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that I have seen the above picture I can see why you would need the longer driver cord. My driver plug in is on the flat piece next to the radio and not clear up on the dash. For my bike the shorter cord works great.

·
Registered
912 Posts
To the best of my recollection, BMW sells (and prevents J&M) from selling the longer version of the lower P cord for the driver, at about twice what it should be. I do like the extension made above. Newer LT's mount the plug facing up under the handlebar, where you best remember to remove the plug before you lock the handlebars to the left to lock them.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts