BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

we just ordered flight tickets for ourselves and our wives for th Duluth CCR. Kari S. and myself will arrive to Orlando FL, Aug 18th and we will get two brand new Gold Wings from the local Street Eagle Bike rental rep on Monday Aug 20th.

We will then head West on the Gulf coast and collect some states that Kari is still missing (Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas) and then make a stop In Nashville, DuQuoin IL and Chicago to meet with our dear CCR buddies ( Buzz & Mary and Larry & Amy among others). The reason we are starting from Florida is that it is the last continental US state I have not visited on a motorcycle. (Still missing Hawaii, which Kari has, darned and Alaska)

Our dear wives Mirja and Irja will fly to O'Hare on Sat 25th and Larry & Amy have kindly offered to pick them up and take care of them until Kari and myself together with at least Buzz and Mary arrive from the South.

We will then continue towards Duluth either on Sunday or Monday, depending on the route plan our group leader Larry has figured out.

So all the rest of CCR gang, watch out, the Finns will be there again! This time I plan to spend less time in the hotel bed than what I did in Boise...

Regards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,571 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:
we will get two brand new Gold Wings from the local Street Eagle Bike rental rep on Monday Aug 20th.
In spite of this, it will be good to see you again! :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,509 Posts
Nah, we love you guys, whatever you ride in on. Good to have you join the Curve Cowboys again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Great news Ari !!! Chery & I are both excited to catch up with you guys and are thrilled your wives can make it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
I know that you will not be in Mississippi and Arkansas and miss making the trip to Dallas. If you do, make sure you avoid the law; a federal warrant may be floating around for you.

If you do come through the Dallas area, Suzanne and I have room for you young hoodlums to sleep and shower, plus have a lift, compressor, and tons of tools in case you need to anything on those "motorcycles" you will be riding. :bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Great! Look forward to seeing you, Kari, and your beautiful wives in Duluth. Wy wife is going with me this year, so should be great fun.

Ray Brooks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
Sounds great! Can't wait! Oh, but guess I will have to :( C u in a few months, oh, and I will try not to get lost or loose Finns! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Cindi and I are really excited :dance: about 2012 CCR and equally excited to see everyone again. Also very excited that you Finns are once again going to be here in America for great rides and great times :bmw: . We will hook up with you all at Buzz and Mary's place. I'll be on my K1600GTL, and Buzz on his K1600GT. Only 138 days to go, can't wait! P.S. don't forget to pack the SALMIAKKI :cboy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh well, here you have it again:

We have just booked two large touring bikes (sorry, forgot the brand...) from Street Eagle in Scottsdale, AZ from Aug 23rd so Kari and myself will again show up and raise h**l at your party in Bend, OR.
This time we will save the one way fee and return the bikes to Scottsdale in Sept 5th.

Now we just have to find the flight tickets to Phoenix...

See you in Bend!

Regards
 

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
Just be ready for some scorching heat in Phoenix that time of year!!See you there Ari.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
651 Posts
What? How the heck am I gonna get to CCR without the Finns to lead me from Chicago? Either way will be good to see you, just hope we find CCR without you... And Happy New Year! :dance: :dance:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,245 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:
:

We have just booked two large touring bikes (sorry, forgot the brand...) from Street Eagle in Scottsdale, AZ from Aug 23rd so Kari and myself will again show up and raise h**l at your party in Bend, OR.
This time we will save the one way fee and return the bikes to Scottsdale in Sept 5th.

See you in Bend!

Regards
It will be nice and warm for you in Scottsdale. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
The real question is if your beautiful wives will be there as well. Happy New Year Ari.

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Ray,

unfortunately you have to settle with Kari and myself this time...Kari's wife Mirja is tied up with work and the rest of the family at that time and my wife Irja does not want to travel by herself. To start with the wives are not eager to ride the whole route with us anyway, so we would have to figure out some kind of "on-the-route" pick-up and drop-off place but this time we don't do this since Mirja cannot travel anyway.

But who knows...perhaps Kari is able to ask her wife # 2, Hille to come along. Then Irja might join in as well... :p

We will see...

Regards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
pozo_izquierdo said:
Hi Ray,

unfortunately you have to settle with Kari and myself this time...Kari's wife Mirja is tied up with work and the rest of the family at that time and my wife Irja does not want to travel by herself. To start with the wives are not eager to ride the whole route with us anyway, so we would have to figure out some kind of "on-the-route" pick-up and drop-off place but this time we don't do this since Mirja cannot travel anyway.

But who knows...perhaps Kari is able to ask her wife # 2, Hille to come along. Then Irja might join in as well... :p

We will see...

Regards
Linda will be saddened that the girls won't be there. Since you and Kari will be solo, might you consider renting S1000RR's so you can get from Phoenix to Bend FAST?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top