BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Not kidding. Schools around here are trying to bring some honor back to the ceremony. Bunch of ******** and hicks yell, whistle, clap, stomp, etc. If you go to watch your child graduate, you want to hear your child's name when called. If the folks there are clapping, yelling, etc., you aren't going to hear it.

The school system hasn't said don't make noise. They said don't make noise DURING the ceremony. Make all the noise you want AFTER the graduating class has been presented.

Several people got to go to the Iron Door Hotel. They knew what would happen. They were told no less than six times to hold their applause until the end. They chose not to.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Lee510 said:
Not kidding. Schools around here are trying to bring some honor back to the ceremony. Bunch of ******** and hicks yell, whistle, clap, stomp, etc. If you go to watch your child graduate, you want to hear your child's name when called. If the folks there are clapping, yelling, etc., you aren't going to hear it.

The school system hasn't said don't make noise. They said don't make noise DURING the ceremony. Make all the noise you want AFTER the graduating class has been presented.

Several people got to go to the Iron Door Hotel. They knew what would happen. They were told no less than six times to hold their applause until the end. They chose not to.

"Police say those arrested yelled after students' names were called while diplomas were handed out.

A police spokesman says school officials request police patrols to prevent graduation disruptions that include standing, hollering and clapping."

What the hell else you do when someone graduates? You can't clap or hollar? Hmm?

A leel' uptight if you ask me.....

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Can you say "Tight-ass"??

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
Can you say "Tight-ass"??
Naw, it's just disrepsectful and another indication of the ME, ME, ME world we live in.

(wow, that sounded......old)

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
hoog62 said:
Naw, it's just disrepsectful and another indication of the ME, ME, ME world we live in.

(wow, that sounded......old)
You didn't sound old there GrandPaw. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
katnapinn said:
You didn't sound old there GrandPaw. :rolleyes:
Next thing you know I'll be starting my posts with, "I remember when..." :(

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
michman said:
....A police spokesman says school officials request police patrols to prevent graduation disruptions that include standing, hollering and clapping....
Uummmm....standing, hollering and clapping?! Is that a F'G joke?! Last time we had a "disruption" in Kommyfornia, people were injured, vehicles burned and stores looted.

Yeah, I'd say someone's asshole is extremely puckered! Must have been a real slow day in Mayberry.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
jayjacobson said:
Uummmm....standing, hollering and clapping?! Is that a F'G joke?! Last time we had a "disruption" in Kommyfornia, people were injured, vehicles burned and stores looted.

Yeah, I'd say someone's asshole is extremely puckered! Must have been a real slow day in Mayberry.
I laugh at the "Mayberry" reference. So being "quaint" or "Hicks" is a bad thing, but living where people burn vehicles and loot stores is a good thing?? :confused: This example may be a little extreme, but on the other hand living in an area that is not crime ridden and has well behaved children isn't exactly "backwards" - at least in my eyes. Jus sayin.....

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
KMC1 said:
....This example may be a little extreme....
Not at all, sir! No example is too extreme, here. :eek:

I LOVE Mayberry. Hope to retire there, one day. But, sometimes, enforcement is a little misdirected....as in the cited story.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
jayjacobson said:
But, sometimes, enforcement is a little misdirected....
DING DING DING!!!
Understatement of the day award!!! :D
Man, I couldn't agree more!

Reference the article on being "too smart" to be a police officer for further information.......

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
KMC1 said:
DING DING DING!!!
Understatement of the day award!!! :D
Man, I couldn't agree more!

Reference the article on being "too smart" to be a police officer for further information.......

Oh no... not AGAIN! (button pushed)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
My oldest just graduated from HS and it seemed every other person there had one of those #$%#$ air horns. I wanted to take one and shove it up the guy's A$$ and pull the trigger to see how he liked that.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Morley said:
....I wanted to take one and shove it up the guy's A$$ and pull the trigger to see how he liked that.
He might like it a little too much!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Morley said:
My oldest just graduated from HS and it seemed every other person there had one of those #$%#$ air horns. I wanted to take one and shove it up the guy's A$$ and pull the trigger to see how he liked that.
LMAO! Don't hold onto that anger like that! Tell us how you REALLY feel! :histerica

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
KMC1 said:
LMAO! Don't hold onto that anger like that! Tell us how you REALLY feel! :histerica
So you wouldn't mind going to your kid's graduation and not being able to hear anyhting being said because some kids AND their parents think its fun to drown out everything with a noise maker?
Good for you. For me, I think a little respect should be shown for those in attendance.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Morley said:
So you wouldn't mind going to your kid's graduation and not being able to hear anyhting being said because some kids AND their parents think its fun to drown out everything with a noise maker?
Good for you. For me, I think a little respect should be shown for those in attendance.
Actually it would really piss me off too..I just thought your post was funny! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts