BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
We are planning a Yosemite ride for the week end of June 1st through 3rd, 2007 with a stay at the Evergreen Lodge (link below)

We did this ride for the Fall Colors last October, but vowed to return when the waterfalls were running at spectacular levels! We need to book now to enjoy Peak Season.

This is not an organized ride, but we encourage all couples, single or two up, to join us for the breath taking scenery. The Evergreen Lodge is a rustic romantic cabin setting with updated and modern amenities in a secluded and wooded setting. While we recommend the cabins they also have options for those who want a more traditional camping setting to look out at the stars at night.

They have a full service restaurant, separate bar and a small grocery store on site. The lodge is 15 miles outside the north entrance to Yosemite and on the same road as Hetch Hetchy reservoir, 10 miles up the road. There are plenty of great motorcycling roads for all types of riders in and outside the park with all the variety this National Park has to offer, be it the vast Yosemite Valley floor, Glacier Point, Hetch Hetchy and perhaps even Tioga Pass!

The Lodge has a fairly standard cancellation policy of over 30 days a $25.00 cancellation fee applies and less than 30 days a loss of the first night deposit or a $25.00 cancellation fee and the balance on a gift certificate for a future booking.

If you’re looking for a quality experience in the company of like-minded comrades add your name to the list and make your reservations now. Space will be limited.

http://www.evergreenlodge.com

2. Steve and Mia

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
SandM said:
We are planning a Yosemite ride for the week end of June 1st through 3rd, 2007 with a stay at the Evergreen Lodge (link below)

We did this ride for the Fall Colors last October, but vowed to return when the waterfalls were running at spectacular levels! We need to book now to enjoy Peak Season.

I was in Yosemite a few years back 1st week of July
the roads through the park had only been open two weeks from all the snow,
there was still a ton of it everywhere, what a site, John Muir knew what he talked about

http://tinyurl.com/yfxesq The Yosemite

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yosemite June 1-3, 2007

This is not an organized ride, but we encourage all couples, single or two up, to join us for the breath taking scenery. The Evergreen Lodge is a rustic romantic cabin setting with updated and modern amenities in a secluded and wooded setting. While we recommend the cabins they also have options for those who want a more traditional camping setting to look out at the stars at night.

They have a full service restaurant, separate bar and a small grocery store on site. The lodge is 15 miles outside the north entrance to Yosemite and on the same road as Hetch Hetchy reservoir, 10 miles up the road. There are plenty of great motorcycling roads for all types of riders in and outside the park with all the variety this National Park has to offer, be it the vast Yosemite Valley floor, Glacier Point, Hetch Hetchy and perhaps even Tioga Pass!

The Lodge has a fairly standard cancellation policy of over 30 days a $25.00 cancellation fee applies and less than 30 days a loss of the first night deposit or a $25.00 cancellation fee and the balance on a gift certificate for a future booking.

If you’re looking for a quality experience in the company of like-minded comrades add your name to the list and make your reservations now. Space will be limited.

http://www.evergreenlodge.com

2. Steve and Mia
4. Bruce & Denise

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Filling that Calendar

Count us in. We're booked at Evergreen.

2. Steve and Mia
4. Bruce and Denise
6. Bob and Jeanie

(Denise, I'm bringing my Aussie hat!)

tmgs said:
I was in Yosemite a few years back 1st week of July
the roads through the park had only been open two weeks from all the snow,
there was still a ton of it everywhere
I presume you are talking about the one road "through the park" that connects to US395 being the Tioga Pass Road (Hwy120) which typically reopens the 2nd or 3rd week of June. The pass is at 9000 feet where the valley floor is about 4500. I anticipate no snow issues and it is not our intention to cross Tioga for this getaway weekend. Access into the park and around the valley floor is fairly unrestricted from the other three entrances most of the year. Actually when it comes to views, Yosemite Valley in winter during or just after a snowfall is about as spectacular as it gets but then not too good for riding. You're right about John Muir. It's too bad not everyone listened to him and set about the process of destroying 25% of the park's grandeur in 1916.

·
Registered
538 Posts

2. Steve and Mia
4. Bruce and Denise
6. Bob and Jeanie
7. Nathan at this time , if I can the time.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

2. Steve and Mia
4. Bruce and Denise
6. Bob and Jeanie
9. Jim and Marianne

·
Registered
860 Posts
Uncle Mark and Tia Vicki - You can count us in. We're booked at Evergreen.

2. Steve and Mia
4. Bruce and Denise
6. Bob and Jeanie
9. Jim and Marianne
11. Mark and Vicki

·
Registered
412 Posts
Out of Hibernation:

2. Steve and Mia
4. Bruce and Denise
6. Bob and Jeanie
9. Jim and Marianne
11. Mark and Vicki
13. Wayne and Pam

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
WPNorton said:
Out of Hibernation...
Is that who was snoring? And I thought it was Yogi and Booboo! :sleep:

By the way, the Tavern at Evergreen Lodge had ten beers on tap including Guinness, Fat Tire, and Alaskan Amber.

Hmm, "ten beers." Where have I heard that name before.......

·
Registered
538 Posts
2. Steve and Mia
4. Bruce and Denise
6. Bob and Jeanie
7. (Cancel) Nathan, may be next year it is all about time . Ride safe :)
9. Jim and Marianne
11. Mark and Vicki
13. Wayne and Pam

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Getting close!

Six weeks until the Yosemite Ride. There are still some cabins available at Evergreen Lodge. The runoff has started and Glacier Point will be open. Fun, photos, frivolity. Oh yeah, lots of riding too! Sign up soon or you'll be sitting this one out. Who knows, a Saturday night poker game might even break out!

2. Steve and Mia
3. Dustin
5. Bruce and Denise
7. Bob and Jeanie
9. Jim and Marianne
11. Mark and Vicki
13. Wayne and Pam

·
Registered
412 Posts
2. Steve and Mia
3. Dustin
5. Bruce and Denise
7. Bob and Jeanie
9. Jim and Marianne
11. Mark and Vicki
13. Wayne and Pam: Canx--- Conflicting Work trip to Utah. We hope to make the next one!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Bummer, Dude. Hope you can make July or August!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Tioga Pass and Glacier Point Open Today!

Usually Yosemite National Park officials make every effort to clear the heavy snowpack on the Glacier Point road before Memorial Day. Often the facilities at Glacier Point are not fully operational until sometime in June. On the other hand, it has been numerous seasons since the Tioga Pass Road (CA 120) was open connecting the Western and Eastern slopes of the Sierras prior to June 1st. Due to the lighter snowpack this year both road are officially opening at 1200 noon today for the summer season! These photos were taken yesterday during a preview access for members of the Yosemite Association. It's still a bit brisk but the views are spectacular while the runoff has most waterfalls at maximum flow down in the valley. Could be time to consider joining us if you're not already on the list!

Mt Dana and Gibbs from Tuolumne Meadows

Tenaya Lake and Mt. Conness

Gaylor Ridge from Dana Meadows

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
2. Steve and Mia
3. Dustin
5. Bruce and Denise
7. Bob and Jeanie
9. Jim and Marianne
11. Mark and Vicki
12. Larry Morris
13. Carrie
14. Dave

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
The Long Way Round

Been hearing from a number of very excited riders ready to start their Yosemite experience by taking all day off on Friday, June 1st. With the fortuitous early opening of the Tioga Pass Road I suggest we take the "long way round" in reaching the Evergreen Lodge by Friday afternoon. Anyone game for a rally point in Jackson? Ride up the hill on 88 to Hope Valley, south on 89 through Markleeville, down to 395, south again along the eastern Sierras to the Tioga Pass Road at Lee Vining, make a big right turn and run 120 all the way through Yosemite National Park dodging the bear cubs until we get to the Hetch Hetchy cutoff on the other side, wind eight miles through the close pines pulling into the Evergreen Lodge an hour or so before dinner? Photo Ops, frequent breaks, lunch along the wild highway.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

FYI: Heard all the cabins are now booked out but camping is still available. I also know a single guy with a two bedroom cabin willing share and split the cost. Let me know.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sounds good to me. What time are we meeting in Jackson and where?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Tallyho said:
Been hearing from a number of very excited riders ready to start their Yosemite experience by taking all day off on Friday, June 1st. With the fortuitous early opening of the Tioga Pass Road I suggest we take the "long way round" in reaching the Evergreen Lodge by Friday afternoon. Anyone game for a rally point in Jackson? Ride up the hill on 88 to Hope Valley, south on 89 through Markleeville, down to 395, south again along the eastern Sierras to the Tioga Pass Road at Lee Vining, make a big right turn and run 120 all the way through Yosemite National Park dodging the bear cubs until we get to the Hetch Hetchy cutoff on the other side, wind eight miles through the close pines pulling into the Evergreen Lodge an hour or so before dinner? Photo Ops, frequent breaks, lunch along the wild highway.
The Rally Point is 0830 Friday morning at the "Its a Grind" Coffee House at Hwy 99 and Twin Cities(104) road. Wheels up at 0900 full of coffee, empty bladders, and topped off fuel tanks.

310 miles to Evergreen Lodge the long way round!

FYI: Next Expresso Rider weekend is July 13-15. Sundial Bridge, Hwy 36, Eureka, Samoa Cookhouse, and the Redwood Forest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eureka

We will be watching for the Eureka ride. A trip to the coast during the heat of summer will be a great relief. Highway 299 is one of the nicest drives I can remember, although it was over 30 years back, and someone else drove. The car however, was one of the sweetest Mustangs a person could have the pleasure of experiencing.

Have a good trip to Yosemite.

Roger and Kim Sanders
1999 R1100RT.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts