BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wolfgang...
Even if you are half way around the world your still part of the South Central Family. Come home soon we miss you here. :wave

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
HappyBirthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Wolfgang,
Happy Birthday to you!!!!

And many more . . .and lots more PIE!!! Woo hoo, an excuse to eat some PIE today.

We miss you. Hope your day is a nice one. :wave

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Wolfgang's Birthday?!?! Well, get right out of town!!! Show Budapest what a real Texas B'day is all about. Have a good one, Wolfgang, miss you round these parts. :wave

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Happy Birthday Wolfgang!

Ron & Delores

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Happy Birthday ya ole' fart! :D

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Happy Birthday, Wolfgang! We sure miss your ugly mug around these parts!

Hope your day is great, and hope you took Gina's advice and had some PIE! :D

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
How come I miss you guys? Even on my Birthday I get insulted "ugly" "Old fart" and no telling what else was said but not put in writing... Well, it is all true, and I am taking it as a sign of affection :)

As it worked out, the end of season trip of the German Motorcycle Touring Club started on my birthday. It was a fantastic trip. Attached are some of the pictures I took. But... pictures don't really do justice to the views and the spectacular roads that are made for riding. BTW, besides me, there were two other contributors to this board on the trip: Manfred aka mreuter and Rudi aka winghunter, both great guys, LT riders, and are very familiar with the US and riding in the US.

I have one more long trip coming up. To Bremen, Germany to see my brother and 93 year old uncle, while I take care of some paperwork with the German authorities. As far as they are concerned I am no longer German since I proudly became an American. Depending on the weather I will ride or take the train. Definitely no car, or plane, thats just too boring :)

Till we meet again...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3420956817210.114399.1668887051&type=3&l=3742c15f10

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh my, the pictures are so beautiful. Whole different world over there. The ice cream and fresh fruit sure did look good. :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
PiePrincess said:
Oh my, the pictures are so beautiful. Whole different world over there. The ice cream and fresh fruit sure did look good. :)
Might make you ditch the pie... , or?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Thanks to all of you!

If any of you plan a European Motorcycle trip in Europe next spring, I would love to hook up. By now I have learned quite a bit about riding the best parts without spending a fortune. Here is a taste of what it is like. The rider behind me filmed my 1 1/2 hour decent from the peak of: Monte di il Giorno" in Northern Italy. It was nearly freezing on top and about 75 in Merano the town at the bottom of the valley.

http://www.handicap-biker.info/downloads/mtcg_jaufenpass_2012.m4v

The video is about 20 minutes. I apologize for the German rap during the first part... it's awful. :(

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Dick said:
Didn't work for me either. I went to Rudy's (Winghunter) MTCG website, butt I don't sprecken de Duetsch (don't spell it either ;) ).

Ill try to fix that later... works from here hmmm????

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
SLTex said:
Enlarge this to full screen. It will give you an idea of what Wolfgang was talking about.

http://www.ufixmoto.com/videos/video-dov-zari2011-part5-c244a584309306841e75dbb0f0bcd93e.html
Hey, Mark - thanks for that link. I'll be spending some time on that site. Gotta say, tho - just me - I don't think ole Toad and me would do those roads justice. The public would be better off if I just crank up the laptop and ride with those folks that are way better riders. :thumb: :yeah: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Dick said:
Hey, Mark - thanks for that link. I'll be spending some time on that site. Gotta say, tho - just me - I don't think ole Toad and me would do those roads justice. The public would be better off if I just crank up the laptop and ride with those folks that are way better riders. :thumb: :yeah: :thumb:
OK Guys... teach me... The video is no longer on the server it was on. But, I do have it on my computer. How do I post it on this site?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.