BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... aka CharlieVT. Today would be a great day to give the kitchen oven a day off from heating FD parts, so the Lady of the house can bake your favorite cake! :thumb: :thumb:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Curtis --- enjoy!! :)

And slow down for the next one!!! ;) :D

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Hi Dick,

You're a champ! Thanks for the good wishes. A final drive left here yesterday on its way home to Minnesota and there are no others in the oven, or on the work bench.

Yeah, slowing down with the years but only a little. We're planning a snowmobile ride today if it doesn't get too hot, 'bout 8 degrees F right now but I'm sure its gonna get hotter. :)

Thanks again, and all the best to you.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Happy Birthday, Curtis. Looks like your candle lighting party is needed for most of the US. Colder than a … well, you know. ;)

Have fun,
Jer (one of the first to send you a failed FD)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Happy Birthday Curtis!!!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Happy Birthday Curtis........

Looking forward to a meet ........someday............B-Safe out there and enjoy your day..... :cool:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
A Big HAPPY B-DAY to ya Curtis! And do be careful if the wife is baking ya a cake! Hope the oven is still safe for baking more than just FD's!

(But we are all glad that you do them. I have one of yours ready for when and if I ever need it!)

John

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
Happy Birthday Curtis. I hope that cake doesn't have any little wiff of gear oil. :wave

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
My drive went out.....

on my birthday! :histerica

Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone. It has been a pretty good day. Box of chocolates 'n all. :)

Beautiful sunny clear day, we headed for the VAST (Vermont Assoc. of Snow Travelers) trail network. My ArcticCat is an older sled (2000 like my LT) which I bought used. Every time we head out we wonder how far out in the woods we're gonna get stuck. Actually, we've always limped back to the truck and never had to hitchhike out of the woods.

We didn't get far today before something thumped, and then the sound of the track changed; ummmm.... something's not right. Turn around and head back, find an idler wheel in the trail. Okay, so that's it. Nice, we're shedding parts as we sled along. :histerica

Back home, nice lunch, (did I mention chocolates?) and then put on the turbo kerosene heater in the barn and hoist up the back of the sled from the hay loft floor joists. Pulled the skid frame and now ordering a bunch of replacement bearings.

Pics of the idler wheel that the track chewed up and spit out, and a pic of the skid frame (hey, recogonize those snowshoes?) ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Happy Birthday Curtis...glad you had a good/fun day.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Happy Birthday, Curtis. Sorry about your troubles with the sled. I see part of the problem from your first picture. Your sled is a "Panther". We have a group in these parts called the Carolina Panthers. They got kind of beaten up this past season too! :histerica

·
Registered
444 Posts
Happy Bday Curtis, sorry is late but wish you had a great day!!! Sorry about the snow machine, Feliz Cumpleanos tarde pero con sinseridad :)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Happy Birthday Curtis ! Enjoy your day...

John

·
Registered
541 Posts
Happy belated, Curtis! Hope the snowmobile issues didn't dampen the day too much! :wave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts