BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2006 LT today. Although I had to trailer it home since myself and the seller both live on ice covered back roads. I only got to ride onto the trailer, then off the trailer and into the garage.

I did notice that I have to let the clutch out some to get it into first. I think I read that on here somewhere as well. What is the cause of this?

Otherwise, what a great bike! I can't wait for the weather to clear so I can ride!!!

Tony

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Mine does it too if I sit idling with the clutch in. Either idle with the clutch out, squeeze clutch, shift, or release clutch a bit, squeeze, shift. Works every time for me.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Tony,

Welcome to the fold! You will love your LT. They are great bikes! Sorry about the ice. Just take time and learn to handle all aspects of that beast and you'll love it for years to come! May all your rides be blessed!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I do understand

Welcome!! I'm a newbie too. Picked mine up in the snow, rode it once, and it's been snow ever since. It's a killer. And it also took me some time to get used to the first gear thing. Been riding Harleys enough that I'm used to just jamming it into first, but not with this thing. I also spent a day going through all sorts of stuff: brakes, air filter, springs etc. Time well spent just getting familiar with the bike. REALLY looking forward to riding weather. Pray for global warming!!!
Frank

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Any manual shift vehicle does that with first gear, car, truck, tractor, motorcycle. If the gears don't line up, let the clutch out, pull it back in & shift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts