BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted HID-Online and asked what kit part number I needed to order for a low beam conversion on the LT. The quickly sent back a very detailed response. One point was that there is an option for the bulb..... either an H3 Philips BlueVision or + 50% H3 Philips VisionPlus. Can you help with what the difference is and what's prefered?? I plan on up grading to HIDs and also adding either Motolites or PIAA 1100's.

Thanks,
Rich in Florida

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
I gather you are buying an HID conversion from them. If so, they are providing a free bulb upgrade for your high beam which happens to be an H3 assuming you have a pre-2005 bike.

The difference is 20%. Blue Vision is 30% and VisionPlus is 50% according to Philips. I'd go for the VisionPlus if I was being offered a freebee.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
50 Feet not 50%...

RaffyK said:
The difference is 20%. Blue Vision is 30% and VisionPlus is 50% according to Philips. I'd go for the VisionPlus if I was being offered a freebee.
Actually, Philips advertises the VisionPlus as the 'Brightest' halogen bulb on the market. They say it projects it light 50 Feet further than a conventional halogen bulb.

In any case, after you install their HID, which is GREAT... you will be hard pressed to tell when the whimpy High Beam is on anyway!!

Good choice! :D

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
I had HID low beam on my LT, and the 85 watt PIAA extreme white looked like a pale yellow candle beam in comparison. I have two BMW cars with HID low beams, and put in the Silvania Silver Star high beam bulbs, same thing, very yellow in comparison to the 4200-5000K HIDs.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the info. I will probably do the install over the Christmas holiday. With all the helpful info on this site it will be a ho-hummer...

Rich in Florida

1 - 5 of 5 Posts