BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real nice! :(

I left from work and was southbound on Green Road. You glanced to your right and saw a small, transit bus in the right lane. You obviously didn't see the Concours14 that was passing it in the left lane. (Yours truly) Or perhaps you didn't look long enough to judge my speed. Yes, I may have been speeding a tad ... I was doing about 45 in the 35 zone. Or maybe you thought you could get up to speed in front of me. :confused:

Fortunately, I anticipated your move, nailed it, moved over to the right and was G.O.N.E. and out of your way. No harm.

Let's watch out for each other guys. :wave And ... keep the shiny side UP. :bike:

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Real nice! :(

I left from work and was southbound on Green Road. You glanced to your right and saw a small, transit bus in the right lane. You obviously didn't see the Concours14 that was passing it in the left lane. (Yours truly) Or perhaps you didn't look long enough to judge my speed. Yes, I may have been speeding a tad ... I was doing about 45 in the 35 zone. Or maybe you thought you could get up to speed in front of me. :confused:

Fortunately, I anticipated your move, nailed it, moved over to the right and was G.O.N.E. and out of your way. No harm.

Let's watch out for each other guys. :wave And ... keep the shiny side UP. :bike:
Guilty as charged Joe but I judged that you were at the intersection of Mercantile & Green and not at your estimated speed.

Will watch for the your Concours 14 in the future.

btw, Green road is highly patrolled with Radar & Laser at all times of the day with the Leo's in the shady groves of the golf course. Be careful out there. :wave

:bmw:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all good. I didn't know you worked in that neighborhood. Perhaps we can do lunch sometime. And yeah, I know Green and Harvard are both patrolled. But the coast was clear, so I was fracturing the speed limit a tad. ;)

FWIW, your MotoLights looked good. Very visible. Those are MotoLights, right? What lamps you running in those?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Head on a swivel gentlemen.

Head on a swivel.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
It's all good. I didn't know you worked in that neighborhood. Perhaps we can do lunch sometime. And yeah, I know Green and Harvard are both patrolled. But the coast was clear, so I was fracturing the speed limit a tad. ;)

FWIW, your MotoLights looked good. Very visible. Those are MotoLights, right? What lamps you running in those?
They are MotoLights with these LEDs Significantly less power consumption @ 4 watts.

They do create a lot of RFI hash so if I use GMRS or 2 meter gear I switch off the lights.

Ride safe my friend . . . original HID install by "Joe" is going strong too! :dance:

Lunch sounds good.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
So you were cruising along at 45 in a 35 and then "nailed it" to get out of someones way? You keep doing that and someday too soon we may be saying what a nice guy you were.
Ride careful, my friends.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
PMitchell said:
They are MotoLights with these LEDs Significantly less power consumption @ 4 watts.

They do create a lot of RFI hash so if I use GMRS or 2 meter gear I switch off the lights.

Ride safe my friend . . . original HID install by "Joe" is going strong too! :dance:

Lunch sounds good.

I'll second the Joe-installed HID, working great after all these years!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
deanwoolsey said:
So you were cruising along at 45 in a 35 and then "nailed it" to get out of someones way? You keep doing that and someday too soon we may be saying what a nice guy you were.
Or if you believe in conspiracy theories.
Maybe that was Joe's way of hooking up with PM to arrange a lunch sitdown :D I prefer the bright side. Still be careful all of us.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
deanwoolsey said:
It may have been the safest thing to do at the time. I don't know I wasn't there.. I do know if you do not have fun from time to time you might as well be dead already. Police have brainwashed America to think riding/driving faster is dangerous. It is all about revenue. Bad drivers are dangerous regardless of the speed they drive.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
deanwoolsey said:

sanjaun2 said:
It may have been the safest thing to do at the time. I don't know I wasn't there.. I do know if you do not have fun from time to time you might as well be dead already. Police have brainwashed America to think riding/driving faster is dangerous. It is all about revenue. Bad drivers are dangerous regardless of the speed they drive.
I find, more often than not, the throttle is a far better escape tool, than the brake pedal. But every situation is different, obviously.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
billsmith said:
Or if you believe in conspiracy theories.
Maybe that was Joe's way of hooking up with PM to arrange a lunch sitdown :D I prefer the bright side.
I onyl wish I was THAT smart. ;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
sanjaun2 said:

There are places to have fun and there are places to be careful, as in poulated areas with many roadway entrances and exits. It's called behaving like a responsible adult. And as a former traffic officer for many years I take offense to your brainwashing comment. It IS about safety and speed IS the factor in many crashes. Just ask the 20 year old in my last M/C accident, oh wait, you can't because his head, torso and legs all came to rest in different locations. No other vehicle involved, just him doing who knows what speed and not reacting fast enough to the 35 MPH curve and concrete divider. Not fun telling his mother he won't be coming home that night. You may not care to be alive if you can't have "fun" but think of others that would be affected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts