BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to remove the softtouch passenger backrest and put it on the new bike i have bought. I searched the forums on removing it but found no directions as to how to do it. I did read that the nuts came loose and the bolts simply spun in place. Its not of the most importance that this be done and I do not want it to lead to more problems. If I really decide to exchange them, how is it done?

Todays projects done are exchanged the battery, moved heated gear harness to new bike, did a cannisterectomy and exchanged the passenger seats while they were off. This still leaves the front tire exchange, motolight exchange, removal of Garmin 550 harness from 01. The 03 had all the fluids and filter changed less than 500 miles ago so thats good to go.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, anyone have an idea?
Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Larry,
Last week I removed both seats, back rest and my after market passenger arm rests so I could ship them out for my new Kontour Seat. The back rest is only held on by four short bolts, no washers or nuts. Open the trunk and you'll see them. Easy to do. If I can do it anyone can.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Jim.
So its so easy, a cave man can do it!
Larry

·
Registered
103 Posts
Iron_Horse said:
Larry,
Last week I removed both seats, back rest and my after market passenger arm rests so I could ship them out for my new Kontour Seat. The back rest is only held on by four short bolts, no washers or nuts. Open the trunk and you'll see them. Easy to do. If I can do it anyone can.
Larry I am looking for a thread on how to remove my 05 lt seats can you help. I found the thread on how to remove the heated seat wire but not how to actually remove both seats.
Thanks Steve

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
look under the driver seat you will see about 6 allen head bolts take them out and the seat is off look down at the very front of the rear seat 2 allen head bolts take them out slide the seat towards the front and lift off :wave

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and when the front seat is raised, the rear seat is held by the two bolts on either side.
Larry

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Guys thanks for your help the bolts are out and the seats are off!. With the help from another thread the heater wires are off. "It works well when we help each other"
Steve

·
Super Moderator
1,401 Posts
Are we really having this conversation . . . :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts