BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Did your man arrive?
I thought you would be in Grande Prairie by now.

·
Registered
596 Posts
How did you make out for gas stops?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we made it back with no problems. 3300 km - 4 days. Edmonton - High Level - Yellowknife - High Level - Edmonton. Finding gas was no problem, you have places that you can fill up every 200km or so, EXCEPT the last part from the Mackenzie ferry to Yellowknife, (Fort Providence) about 320 km of pavement and trees and bison.

The $36 fish & chip dinner in Yellowknife was the best Pickerel I ever eat!

Garry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations Garry!!! Sounds like a great trip. You still like to do serious KMs in a short amount of time. My butt hurts just thinking about it. :bowdown:

BTW - Todd and I headed up to Orillia with the wives today...saw another Graphite LT in Wasaga Beach (that made 3 including ours) and then another silver LT in Orillia...not often that we see another LT on our rides.

A couple of weeks back passed to 2 Dark Blue GTLs travelling together south on Hwy 10 just south of Caledon...now that is a rare sight in these parts. :bmw:

Less than 2 months to CCR!! :dance: I look forward to hearing more about the trip. See you then.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rode to Kimberley BC last weekend, 1440 km. last stop before home stopped at CO-OP store. One of the guys there said he liked my bike, said he has a 2005 LT, didn't know a lot about it so I gave him my name and number to call if he has any questions. Asked him to join us Saturday mornings for our club breakfasts in Nisku.

Garry

·
Registered
531 Posts
Someday... Someday...

This is one of the places to ride to on my bucket list. It will be just a bit longer from Massachusetts.

How was it????

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
blankshot said:
Someday... Someday...

This is one of the places to ride to on my bucket list. It will be just a bit longer from Massachusetts.

How was it????
Long ride mostly straight roads, some scenery, no traffic.

Garry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts