1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess you could say I took one for the team

I ordered this off the internet.

IT seemed like it should work.

Came in a couple of weeks from some strange country with foreign stamps all over it.

The box was as expected and nicely wrapped and all was well.

So tonight I had my lonely tupperware party all to my self and the garage and NPR and got to the CD.

:soapbox:

I got the plug undone and plugged the new device in and nothing.

I tried the AUX port and nothing.

I got a few different memory sticks, USB sticks etc, tried to format with fat 16, fat 32 etc and different MP3 files and NO CD.

Unfortunately the design was good and everything looked right, but no CD recognized.

I spent the better part of 3 beers getting her back together and all buttoned up and am sorely disappointed.

I REALLY wanted this to work.

I love my Schuberth C3 and the SRC system works great, but I wanted tunes galore thru the stereo system.

I guess I could go the CD route in the oddments box, but who wants 90 min of tunes and have to plug in a new CD?

Oh well. I will try and get my $85 back from China or whereever it went.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Paul,
First sorry for you getting a non working device.
I remember seeing this device in an earlier thread. At the time I searched the internet for the site and found the company, in China. I posted at the time that the latest update to the site was 2009, that was enough for me to stay away.

·
Registered
93 Posts
pauleknight said:
I guess you could say I took one for the team

I ordered this off the internet.

IT seemed like it should work.

Came in a couple of weeks from some strange country with foreign stamps all over it.

The box was as expected and nicely wrapped and all was well.

So tonight I had my lonely tupperware party all to my self and the garage and NPR and got to the CD.

:soapbox:

I got the plug undone and plugged the new device in and nothing.

I tried the AUX port and nothing.

I got a few different memory sticks, USB sticks etc, tried to format with fat 16, fat 32 etc and different MP3 files and NO CD.

Unfortunately the design was good and everything looked right, but no CD recognized.

I spent the better part of 3 beers getting her back together and all buttoned up and am sorely disappointed.

I REALLY wanted this to work.

I love my Schuberth C3 and the SRC system works great, but I wanted tunes galore thru the stereo system.

I guess I could go the CD route in the oddments box, but who wants 90 min of tunes and have to plug in a new CD?

Oh well. I will try and get my $85 back from China or whereever it went.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

This is exactly why I went to my Jensen JMS2212 install. I had gone through the DICE and a couple of other "BMW Compatible" iPod adapters, and every one of them did not fully work (I.e. no sound, no text display, etc.). Never tried Yatour, and glad I didn't. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Paul,
You have saved me some money and a lot of Tupperware time! I was looking at the Yatour on eBay and was considering it, but then did a search on BMWLT and read your post - THANKS!!
My present system works fine - Tomtom 520 on RAM mount, loads of tunes on tomtom MP3 function, FM transmission to LT's radio. Hours of nonstop music!!

Murray

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use a Sirius Stiletto 2 it has a micro sd card for mp3 + sat radio and it plays through
the fm ore the aux works great

Jim
brushton ny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts