BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone had trouble with company, 10 days and still no latch.

·
Registered
714 Posts
You should be fine. This is kind of a side line operation for his main machine shop business. Sometimes he runs out of parts in stock and you'll need to wait for the next batch to be produced. Or he could be out of town, on vacation, etc.

I think everyone that has bought the parts has been happy with the quality once they receive them.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
kevincook said:
You should be fine. This is kind of a side line operation for his main machine shop business. Sometimes he runs out of parts in stock and you'll need to wait for the next batch to be produced. Or he could be out of town, on vacation, etc.

I think everyone that has bought the parts has been happy with the quality once they receive them.

Kevin
+1

·
Registered
607 Posts
+1

He is great. I have his latch replacement kit on Dolly. Give him time. Side businessess are difficult at best.

He is a NASA scientist you know.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
His CNC machine broke down and cost him a few days having to send overseas for replacement part. I think he's got it fixed now. He is just behind schedule and frustrated as we are. I'm waiting for one too.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Patience, you will be pleased.

·
Registered
929 Posts
+1 on everyone...he was awesome and he saved me loosing my latch. :)

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Just got mine in the mail today. Your's should be too far behind.
But my CD was scratched no way to play the install instrctions.
Any links online or can someone email me instructions?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Still running one of his very first ones he produced. Works flawlessly never worry about breakage. Simple to install and never had no stinking CD with instructions when I put mine on. It truly is very simple to accomplish....

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
MountianMama said:
Patience, you will be pleased.
Something I don't have, but DID wait and replaced mine about a month ago, QUALITY piece of equipment and MUCH better than the stock trunklatch!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Evan sent a link to the PDF instructions on his site. I was able to get my latch installed today. thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm still having issues with the particular machine that is required to do the finish machining on the Replacement Trunk Latch Handle.

Bterhune, I'll gladly issue a refund if needed.

Best,

Evan Guy

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
4 years and 60,000 miles on his replacement latch.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Just finished installing this very high quality latch yesterday, and I have to say that it is way above the cheap cast latch that came on the Bike! And even though it may seem intimidating when you see the 20 pages of installation instructions, the reason is the amount of detail that Evan put into them! Just follow them step by step, and don't get ahead of yourself, and it will go smooth as silk!

Tk U Evan!

John

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
As I was changing my latch out Saturday, the old one fell apart in my hands. What a piece of junk compared to the Evan's replacement. It was a bit tedious putting it in, but only because I didn't know what I was doing. Took it slow, got it done. It even works! Great Design Evan.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks guys! The LT Trunk Latch deal is a neat study in business. This is the first time I've done an "internet business" and the first time I've had PayPal connected to my business to TAKE IN money! Usually it flies OUT through PayPal.

A friend from another board suggested this product to me in 2005. He had just bought an LT and of course, his Latch Handle was broken. He suggested that I design/build a better part. I did. I designed/procured materials/programmed CNC/designed and built fixtures/produced 100 kits. He was going to sand (the curved surface that matches the trunk curvature), paint, package, and distribute these products. You might recall the name, "Millenhaus".

After TONS of work, all on my time, with my money (inventory/tooling), I sent these kits to him, 100 kits! That's confidence in an untried product! The very first one is on his bike. He's WAY overloaded with family and unreal work load in his profession. Suffice to say that the business deal fell apart. After a couple of years, I finally had the remaining inventory back in my shop. I got pissed and said, "I want EVERYONE out of my pockets!"....Webmasters charge $1000 bucks each, then they're too busy with other stuff to make changes/updates. NO MORE!

I got pissed and brought it ALL in-house. I spent $13 registering the LT domain name (the www. ) and I spent another $40 on downloading website software. Plus it took me several days of jacking with it to make it work. THE website, I did. I did the whole thing. Period. While I do sometimes get bogged down, I do EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of this business!

How has it worked? It has been an AMAZING little "recession fighter"....it's really neat when I check my email and see that YOU have sent me money via PayPal! THANKS!! This is my FIRST venture into internet marketing and distribution. It's NEAT! I work my ass off over here! Both with this business and my engineering profession. I'm not getting rich, it's not hugely profittable, but it's really NEAT how money trickles in.

Interestingly, the units I export. I've shipped a bunch of these to France! And a good number to Canada. Hmm. Of course the bulk is in US sales. Y'all have been GREAT to deal with! Thank you for the business!! It's a win-win deal!!

Next chapter, the Fix It Before It Breaks product.....to be continued.... :dance: :wave :wave

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
BilletsGalore said:
Thanks guys! The LT Trunk Latch deal is a neat study in business. This is the first time I've done an "internet business" and the first time I've had PayPal connected to my business to TAKE IN money! Usually it flies OUT through PayPal.

A friend from another board suggested this product to me in 2005. He had just bought an LT and of course, his Latch Handle was broken. He suggested that I design/build a better part. I did. I designed/procured materials/programmed CNC/designed and built fixtures/produced 100 kits. He was going to sand (the curved surface that matches the trunk curvature), paint, package, and distribute these products. You might recall the name, "Millenhaus".

After TONS of work, all on my time, with my money (inventory/tooling), I sent these kits to him, 100 kits! That's confidence in an untried product! The very first one is on his bike. He's WAY overloaded with family and unreal work load in his profession. Suffice to say that the business deal fell apart. After a couple of years, I finally had the remaining inventory back in my shop. I got pissed and said, "I want EVERYONE out of my pockets!"....Webmasters charge $1000 bucks each, then they're too busy with other stuff to make changes/updates. NO MORE!

I got pissed and brought it ALL in-house. I spent $13 registering the LT domain name (the www. ) and I spent another $40 on downloading website software. Plus it took me several days of jacking with it to make it work. THE website, I did. I did the whole thing. Period. While I do sometimes get bogged down, I do EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of this business!

How has it worked? It has been an AMAZING little "recession fighter"....it's really neat when I check my email and see that YOU have sent me money via PayPal! THANKS!! This is my FIRST venture into internet marketing and distribution. It's NEAT! I work my ass off over here! Both with this business and my engineering profession. I'm not getting rich, it's not hugely profittable, but it's really NEAT how money trickles in.

Interestingly, the units I export. I've shipped a bunch of these to France! And a good number to Canada. Hmm. Of course the bulk is in US sales. Y'all have been GREAT to deal with! Thank you for the business!! It's a win-win deal!!

Next chapter, the Fix It Before It Breaks product.....to be continued.... :dance: :wave :wave
Amen and Amen! :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, this isn't going well! TWO WEEKS ago, I sent the drive to Magna Products, in New York. I went with them because they said turn-around was 1-2 days. After I I sent it, they said 2-3 days. Well, it took them 4 days, the SAME time quoted by Siemens, the manufacturer of the CNC controller. Magna $200 MORE than Siemens. But I sent it to them because they said 1-2 days. Ha!

So I got the drive back last Thursday. It DOES NOT WORK!! And I've swapped it out with the Y-axis drive and the problem moved with the drive. That means that the problem IS with the drive. Period. The owner of the company has been away until this morning. I'm about to call.

So, I'm at least 1 1/2 weeks from shipping your products. I'm sorry! But this is out of my control. I've PAID the money, $1,400, so far! I'll GLADLY issue refunds to any of the 6 people who have outstanding orders! I WILL get this resolved, please don't lose faith. If you want a refund, no problem. You can re-order when I've got units to ship. Or you can continue to be patient, your patience will be rewarded!

Thanks,
Evan Guy

·
Registered
155 Posts
After giving me the run around, yada, yada, yada, Magna tested the drive and found it to be defective. DUH!! Dummies. They're shipping it today, allegedly.

SO, we ought to be cooking soon! Thank you for your continued patience!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Evan, its that sort of vendor feedback, supported by satisfied customers, that we all look for when seeking bits and bobs for our beloved bikes....
Rest assured if mine ever breaks, I'll know where to come to.... (just hope I dont HAVE to..) ;)
cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts