BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm considering removing my trunk and replacing it with a rack from www.K1200LTRACK.com. Has anyone had any experience with this rack. Is it as good as the FT Worth rack? Any advice will surely be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've seen this before, Kirk, it's the same effect that having a General Motors Part for a Camaro...but adding the word "Corvette" to it, magically imbues it with a 20% bump in profit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just installed one on my 2009. Simple installation, and a well-engineered product. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
476 Posts
14wntr said:
How come every add on farkle seems to start at $325?
Universal law of motorcycles is that add ons typically run in lots of $300. Even of my VTX it's been true...... But there do seem to be more BMW parts that start at double that.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, it seems at least 300 dollars is the beginning of all LT farkles. Have you also noted not to many companies make farkles for the LT. Must be a licensing thing. Maybe Ron from Kontour seats might know.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have the Ft Worth Rack and, based on the photos, I like it better. Your preference may vary, but mine is based on:

1) My FTW had the vertical panel to better secure things; and
2) my FTW has tie down points at all four corners that work great for bungee cords or a small bungee "spider web" looking hold-down.

Other than that, the LTRACK appears to be an inspired copy of the FTW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts