1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oooooo....I like these! Not only will it protect my bags, it will give me more places to tie my camping gear to!

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
cessna - Thanks for the link; I just placed my order!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, I ordered a set of the silver ones too! I'll post a report after I get them installed!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like a worthwhile farkle.
Wonder how much, if any, they will interfer/ limit the passenger access to the footpegs.
I'll be looking forward to hearing from those who install these bars.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I with you on this one. They look like they could be real problem for a passenger!

·
Registered
492 Posts
When you look at them on the bike they dont look like they will stop the saddle bag hitting the floor,I wish someone would bring out a strip to fit the bag simular to the lt.The cases are quite hardy and I've never heard of a case breaking on a topple over just getting scratched.
I do like the idea though of the extra tie down points for camping and also for putting the bike on the main stand.I think I will hold off buying these until someone does a review on them.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wow! Yet another farkle that I have to have. I knew that I had to have something to tell my wife I have to have for...

Merry Christmas

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wunderlich "claims" that the bars will not interfere with the passenger's legs or bag removal. I'll find out after I get mine installed.

Regards,

·
Registered
98 Posts
cessna said:
Wunderlich "claims" that the bars will not interfere with the passenger's legs or bag removal. I'll find out after I get mine installed.

Regards,
Hey cessna,
Looking forward to you having the installation completed and evaluated from a passenger interference approach.
At least we can ride in the winter.
I did ride in 45 degree weather Friday. Tough. Had to do it. Had an appointment for my 600 mile service across the valley.
Got to put real clothes on.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I would like to see a set installed first I even think about a purchase!
Any pics out there? :(

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ok, I found the pics on there web site. Is it just me or I am thinking these although look great will not protect my bags at all from the side? I would like the bar to go accross the bag to protect it. These just protect the front! :mad:

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The rear bars on my Harley are about the same size as the Wunderlich. I didn't think that they would protect the bag but they are just large enough to let the bike rest on the bar and not the bag if it goes over. Now if there were a rock between the bag and the road the bar would not be big enough to prevent damage. We'll see if these are the same.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vulcan said:
Hey cessna,
At least we can ride in the winter.
I did ride in 45 degree weather Friday. Tough. Had to do it. Had an appointment for my 600 mile service across the valley.
Got to put real clothes on.
I am amazed at how good the weather protection is on the RT. I also wear better riding gear than I did when I just had the HD. Of course, I ride year round too. That is one of the big advantages of living here.

Our northern brothers/sisters may think we are wimps if we complain about 40 degree weather as being cold. They say that your blood "thins out" after living in hot climate for a while and that may or may not be true we definitely feel cold at that temperature. Of course summer riding in the southwest desert has its own set of concerns. Then again we don't have to shovel the heat!

Regards

·
Registered
95 Posts
I also ride a lot with my bags off the bike. These would look out of place without the bags, so it's a deal killer for me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Those bars ar butt ugly IMO. The engine bars are ugly too but at least kinda match the surround area. IMO all the protection bars make the RT look like a RT-P and really detract from the appearance of the RT........IMO. I'm always wondering why people buy crash bars and frame sliders for street riding. Those items are designed to protect the bike and if your lucky drive the bike away if you are not injured in a crash. That makes sense for racers but on the street? It's likely if you crash on the street, you won't be driving away anyways and protecting the bike isn't my concern since that's what I have insurance for. Again just my opinion. For those that like these bars they seem to be well engineered and a quality product.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well, they look functional, and that's why I own a BMW rather than a Harley (well, ONE of the reasons), but I agree they are not pretty. Since I have already dropped the RT and scratched up the pannier, I have no reason to buy this farkle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts