BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I never win anything. I bought a used 2002 LT 3 months ago from my local BMW dealer (Grass Roots BMW). They told me I was entered in a drawing for a motorcycle trip to Europe. Well Saturday I get a phone call from the dealer, he said I won this trip..check it out..

http://www.ayresadventures.com/europe_grassroots2012.aspx

I still cant believe I won.. This is a trip of a lifetime for me..Ive always wanted to visit europe, but to do it on a motorcycle is going to be awesome...

Woody,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats, looks life the trip of a lifetime. Have Fun

Rich

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,916 Posts
What a lucky Dog you are. I really wish I could join Herb and the rest on this trip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are REALLY going to enjoy this trip! My wife and I did a very similar itinerary on our own 2 years ago and it ranks at the top of my motorcycling experiences.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Congrats! Is it the trip starting this 29th of September? Looks like a great trip!

·
Registered
17 Posts
This looks like a great trip with an excellent itinerary. The Dolomites and Passo di Stelvio in Italy will provide awesome riding not to mention breathtaking scenery. Congratulations on winning the trip. Take lots of pictures for us!

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
woodyga said:
Usually I never win anything. I bought a used 2002 LT 3 months ago from my local BMW dealer (Grass Roots BMW). They told me I was entered in a drawing for a motorcycle trip to Europe. Well Saturday I get a phone call from the dealer, he said I won this trip..check it out..

http://www.ayresadventures.com/europe_grassroots2012.aspx

I still cant believe I won.. This is a trip of a lifetime for me..Ive always wanted to visit europe, but to do it on a motorcycle is going to be awesome...

Woody,
You will enjoy! Just returned from Spain, Italy & Provence on Wednesday!

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Lucky Dog!! Good to hear some good news once in awhile. Congratulations. Some of my friends just came back from there as well. Incredible scenery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since you're lucky... Did you go right out and buy a lotto ticket? :rotf:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats. You'll love the trip, although I got to ride over in Germany, while in the Air Force, and hit France and Norway, there was much more riding I'd have liked to do over there.
Take lots of pics, so we can all feel bad we didn't get to go along, lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You dog...I was supposed to have won that :D

I bought my '99 LT from them around the end of July. It was my second bike from Grassroots...they are good folks.

You are going to love the trip. I spent about a year in Europe (1976)...mostly Paris, but got around France a fair bit as well as some time in Italy and Switzerland. Beautiful country and people. Have fun!

·
Registered
26 Posts
lawrider said:
I hope their European motorcycle trip is far better than their service.
What kind of problem did you have with their service? I do most of my own work, but have used them several times and always thought I was treated very fairly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
WaywardSon said:
What kind of problem did you have with their service? I do most of my own work, but have used them several times and always thought I was treated very fairly.
I don't want to hijack the thread. I was just hoping they actually follow through with the prize and it is a good trip. Sounds like a great deal. My problem with Grass Roots has to do with a clutch replacement and resulting throttle body replacement that took 3 months to complete. After having to beg to get my bike returned for the last month, paying $2600 (they earned it & no problem with cost), then arriving home they called and said that they forgot to charge me $60 tax and wanted me to pay them right then over the phone. That was, I thought, the final straw, then I realized my cruise control would not work. Can't take my bike back, because they will charge me more money to fix their mistake.

I wanted a BMW for 20 years or more, and when the opportunity came I thought I had a dealership nearby that would be able to work on my bike. Problem is I bought my bike from a private seller on eBay and not from Grass Roots. I've got the bike and no one I trust to work on it. So I guess I better learn how to be a mechanic. And this is the short version of my answer to your question.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts