BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends.
I'm one out of Rudy winghunters Group with the scheduled Trip trough the southwest of states next Year in May.
I bought a 2005 Lt in Ca. for this trip and need some advises.
What do I need for Registration, how much is the fee for a Year in Florida?
Can I register a Bike in the states without living there?
How much is the Insurance fee per Year, also for Florida ? Can I get this as a German?
Since my son is living over there, around 30 Years now, I have the possibility to register this Bike over there in his Name and live it over there for the next two to three years and use it for some Trips on the east coast I have scheduled already.
Guys please let me know what is the easy way to handle this.

Manfred

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I would have your son register it - then you can "borrow" it while you're there. Your German driver's license is good anywhere in the US for a short term visit - usually 90 days or less.

Registration fees vary dramatically from state to state - as does insurance cost. If your son has a good driving record and credit rating, and no tickets for the last two years it should be minimal.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
You might take a look at this website www.dmv.org to see what the rules are for registering and getting though the paperwork. It is not the official source of information but could possibly answer some of your questions on what it takes to register and operate a motorcycle in the US. It will allow you to jump though all the states and possibly find out information a little easier than researching each states webpages.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Ron, hi Jack,
big help thanks for that and sorry for the misspelling, will do better next time.

Manfred

1 - 4 of 4 Posts