BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All. Been overseas for the last 2 years and heading home soon. Gonna pull the trigger on a GS Adventure once I get home. Anyone know if the 2012 has any color options or cool gizmos worth waiting for over the 2011?

I've been drooling over the GS Triple Black since it came out, but had a 2007 GS...loved it...SO not comfortable on it...traded in for 2008 RT...loved that, too, but always loved the GS more. Sold the RT before moving and now looking for the happy medium. Do you think the GSA is the way to go, or is the triple black too awesome to refuse?

Thoughts, opinions and insight are much appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You may get one anyway I think the 2011 are all but gone. I'm waiting on last one allotted to my dealer for 2011. I think the 2012 come in late this summer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called a few dealers in the midwest. There are a few floating around and a few more coming in. However none of them can confirm any changes to the 2012...gotta clean out the 2011 stock first.

·
Registered
61 Posts
jrat2002 said:
Called a few dealers in the midwest. There are a few floating around and a few more coming in. However none of them can confirm any changes to the 2012...gotta clean out the 2011 stock first.

Take a look to MAXBMW in NE or Pandora's Motor Sport in TN

They'll get you one!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
jrat2002 said:
Hey All. Been overseas for the last 2 years and heading home soon. Gonna pull the trigger on a GS Adventure once I get home. Anyone know if the 2012 has any color options or cool gizmos worth waiting for over the 2011?

I've been drooling over the GS Triple Black since it came out, but had a 2007 GS...loved it...SO not comfortable on it...traded in for 2008 RT...loved that, too, but always loved the GS more. Sold the RT before moving and now looking for the happy medium. Do you think the GSA is the way to go, or is the triple black too awesome to refuse?

Thoughts, opinions and insight are much appreciated.

Need some information: Why were you not comfortable on the GS? Seat or what?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was very comfortable on the GS, however the SO was not. We tried aftermarket seats (Corbin), different backrest from the GS top box w/pad (Pirate's Lair), but nothing seemed to work for long rides. When we got the RT, she was way more comfortable on that. However, my mind is set on a GSA and we'll just have to experiment with different comfort upgrades...maybe even a custom made backrest or something.

My main question, though, does anyone know if there are any major changes on the 2012 GSA over the 2011 that are worth holding out for?

·
Registered
327 Posts
jrat2002 said:
My main question, though, does anyone know if there are any major changes on the 2012 GSA over the 2011 that are worth holding out for?
The water cooled R's are coming! Not sure if they will make it in 2012 but if you are prepared to wait it might be worth asking around.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is water cooled much better than oil or air cooled? Heck, I don't even know what cools the current GSA...I just know what sound it makes when it hits 5th gear :) (I really don't know much about the technical stuff on these bikes...I just like to drive them)

Seriously, though...is water cooled worth holding out for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts