BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hand grips on the bike I just got were worn and most of the ribs were worn off and the just looked bad .I thought about replacing them but they are kind of expensive . I thought that there was a product for tennis rackets that was a rubber sleeve. Sure enough there is it's called (What A Grip) it is a stretchy rubber sleeve that conforms to the grip and looks good. They cost around $5.00 each .They shrink right over the end knob so there is no seam under your hand.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine are worn and starting to get sticky too. How do the heaters work with the new grips? Any Pictures?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I just bought a set of these for the LT direct from Kuraykyn.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to install them this weekend :dance:

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
dvx216 said:
The hand grips on the bike I just got were worn and most of the ribs were worn off and the just looked bad .I thought about replacing them but they are kind of expensive . I thought that there was a product for tennis rackets that was a rubber sleeve. Sure enough there is it's called (What A Grip) it is a stretchy rubber sleeve that conforms to the grip and looks good. They cost around $5.00 each .They shrink right over the end knob so there is no seam under your hand.
This solve has been around for a while. Not to say your not inventive.. :wave I really do not think that until a new LT comes out that ANYTHING new can be done. With the Senior (not age) members on the site, and their ingenuity over the last 10+ years. If it can be done, it's already been done. Search the archives and you'd be amazed at the things in there. Hell, just Ari's farkles alone consist of much more than any of us would need or want (too much work) I mean come on, 18 switches on the dash and bars. Dual exhaust with air and jumper cables!!! Who the heck has the time to put that much time into the LT... Oh, didn't forget the custom made dash either! The riding season must be about two months long... :D

As for the grip issue, I'm with Rob. Did not like the skinny grips on the LT, the K's are much better...Very simple to install just dry fit them first...There is a post somewhere with directions. Nice detailed ones! Again from those seniors. Us freshmen have a lot to live up to in the coming years!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sleeve seems to work with the heaters.I rode this morning with the heaters on and they worked just like they did before I put the sleeve on .The sleeves are thin and you don't notice them at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,066 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The picture of the the sleeve makes it look like a wrap but it is a solid sleeve it's very thin but durable.I bought them at a sporting goods store.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Almost forgot....

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
RVB1019 said:
I just bought a set of these for the LT direct from Kuraykyn.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to install them this weekend :dance:
Wow!!
That looks great. I never would've considered Kurys on the LT but that's awesome. Please post a post-install report.
How are you planning to deal with the heated grips? Symtecs?
:corn:

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Our own Silverbuffalo a few years back posted the process here...TAKE YOUR TIME AND DRY FIT THEM FIRST<<<<

1 - 11 of 11 Posts