1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 R1200RT
WHEEL BEARING FAILURE AT 6900 MILES
CLUTCH FAILURE AT 12000 MILES
JUST SERVICED AT 12400 MILES AT 16100 MILES THE THING WONT START THERE IS FUEL IN IT THE STARTER TURNS THE ENGINE BUT NO START
I am sick to death with BMW their after sales care is pants, their warrantee is pants
and the sooner I can sell this heap of dung the better in the mean time i need to find out why it wont start if anyone can help I live up in Glossop Derbyshire :mad:

·
Registered
543 Posts
radicalrabit said:
2007 R1200RT
JUST SERVICED AT 12400 MILES AT 16100 MILES THE THING WONT START THERE IS FUEL IN IT THE STARTER TURNS THE ENGINE BUT NO START
I am sick to death with BMW their after sales care is pants, their warrantee is pants
and the sooner I can sell this heap of dung the better in the mean time i need to find out why it wont start if anyone can help I live up in Glossop Derbyshire :mad:
Wow.
Tough luck or trolling?
:corn:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NO SOUND at all other than the battery turning the engine over makes no attempt to fire up have no idea how to get the fairing off to find the fuel pump controller
would rather get a proper fix than a bodge up because i am trying to sell it but if i can get the old part off I will have a go at fitting the new bit myself .. have to learn sometime eh ? any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
472 Posts
Post #2 above is the right suggestion. The Fuel Pump Controllers are known to fail.
You'll need to remove the left side body panels to find the FPC on top of the fuel tank, then bypass it as noted in other posts (search is your friend here).

·
Registered
131 Posts
radicalrabit said:
2007 R1200RT
Why?, if your in the UK are you not asking this question here??..

http://forum.bmw-club.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=89

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
A word of caution giving off negative vibes about this bike without having any positive comments may make it more difficult to sell this fine bike. If I Googled your city and BMW or something like that would this thread appear and would a potential buyer run upon seeing this thread. The world is getting smaller every day and the connection between you and your online comments may be pretty easy to make. Asking about how to solve a problem is a good thing but total negativity keeps people from wanting to help you and may even effect your ability to make the sale.

Just my thoughts

Gerhard

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
There are 4 screws and the connector for the aux power to remove to get the left upper panel off. The fuel pump controller sits in the cup on the tank with the connectors in it. 2 screws to remove it.

Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You cannot register with this forum because
Your IP address, 82.132.242.227is Blacklisted at spamhaus.org

Please contact your ISP to resolve this issue
get this message when trying to use the site you pointed me to . used any site i could find where i might get help or advice
regards

·
Registered
726 Posts
radicalrabit said:
2007 R1200RT
Why are you posting Miles when your unites are in kilometers?
I would love to pick up a Great bike at a good price. If your so sick of it, do you want to give it away? :histerica

·
Registered
322 Posts
gerhard said:
How do you figure your gas consumption?Gerhard
Miles per gallon. You're right it's pretty mixed up here. Market traders have been fined for selling apples by the pound and cloth by the yard, aviation (altitudes etc.) are in feet and there was talk a few years ago of changing speed limits to kph but it was too expensive, and the government doesn't have any money now anyway.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That UK BMW forum is hard to get registered on which is a pity - I think their anti-spam measures are a bit over zealous. I get the message:

You cannot register with this forum because
Reverse DNS (Hostname Lookup) Failed for your IP address:
Please contact your ISP to resolve this issue

My service provider was unable to help.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
JonA said:
Miles per gallon. You're right it's pretty mixed up here. Market traders have been fined for selling apples by the pound and cloth by the yard, aviation (altitudes etc.) are in feet and there was talk a few years ago of changing speed limits to kph but it was too expensive, and the government doesn't have any money now anyway.
Yeah, but a big caution to US readers - they use imperial gallon in the UK! An imperial gallon is 1.25x more than a US gallon, and so they will talk about a much higher mpg than what we would encounter here.

·
Registered
322 Posts
PadG said:
Yeah, but a big caution to US readers - they use imperial gallon in the UK! An imperial gallon is 1.25x more than a US gallon, and so they will talk about a much higher mpg than what we would encounter here.
That's a really good point. I often wondered why you folks from across the pond weren't getting very good mpg figures. I just though you rode those ol' RTs like you stole them.... or maybe you do :)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Even journalists get that mixed up, I read a review on the Fiat 500 and the journalist was treated to a test of the vehicle in Europe and he said that those vehicles achieved much better mpgs than the product that tested in North America. I am sure that the on board electronics had been set up for Imperial Gallons for the European test and with U.S. gallons in North America.

In Canada the car companies play that game as well, to me we measure our distance, speed and fuel in metric units but they will advertise miles per gallon. The vehicles advertised in Canada will achieve much higher milage than the same ad in the U.S. To me if the want it to make sense to consumers stick to litres per 100 km, it is the units we use, pay for and hopefully understand but to use two versions of the same measure seems deceptive.

[/endOfRant]

Gerhard

·
Registered
131 Posts
The goverment here in the UK was thinking a few years ago about changing over to your side of the road for driving. Cars and motorcycles would change over on monday, buses and lorries (semi's) on wednesday!!.. (think about it!!).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts