BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone I have an issue with my 2000 year model this morning I went out and started the bike everything went well when I came out a few minutes later to check on it the radio had stopped working so I shut the bike off because it had already warmed up and went back inside when I came out to start the bike the radio was working again but the bike would not start everything seems to be working on the dashboard fine and when I press the starter button I can hear a click but nothing is happening now some outside factors it rained all day yesterday Andover night we had a slight freeze the bike is outside but covered with a soft cover I will try later on today after it warms up to make sure it is not a moisture issue any suggestions would help

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Your battery is no good. (and don't try to start with a low battery, bad things happen)

Side hijack; Leaving a bike to warm up is poor practice. Start it, let it run for 20/30 seconds and drive off while riding slowly for a mile or so. Warm up while moving so things get equalized. Idling in the drive can get exhaust way hot, melt parts and even set it on fire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that information I will check the battery out one question is if I replace the battery is there a reset process for this bike

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Thank you for that information I will check the battery out one question is if I replace the battery is there a reset process for this bike
When you install the new battery, turn on the key, do NOT start. Turn the throttle completely open/closed three times. Shut off key. Start bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts