BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Woe is Me

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  BMWWANDRR 
#1 ·
Well, it's sunny out with light wind and the high is supposed to be in the upper 70s. The problem is I have the day off so I will be force to go for a 250 mile ride with some riding buddies. To make matters worse, I will probably be forced to eat some BBQ for lunch. Then, when I get back home late this afternoon, my wife will probably make my sit out on the patio with her and have a tall glass of beer. I guess I'm just looking for sympathy. :D

#2 ·
150flyer said:
Well, it's sunny out with light wind and the high is supposed to be in the upper 70s. The problem is I have the day off so I will be force to go for a 250 mile ride with some riding buddies. To make matters worse, I will probably be forced to eat some BBQ for lunch. Then, when I get back home late this afternoon, my wife will probably make my sit out on the patio with her and have a tall glass of beer. I guess I'm just looking for sympathy. :D
Aww, you poor baby. I get to have knee surgery today, then back to work on Friday, & we have another 3 days of rain in the forecast. Wanna trade?

#6 ·
Baton Rouge Area weather:

Clear sky, temp 78, 56% humidity. Why am I typing on the computer... Bye !! :p

#8 ·
150flyer said:
If you're eating Texas BBQ you definitely have my sympathy. ;)

#9 ·
gfspencer said:
If you're eating Texas BBQ you definitely have my sympathy. ;)
Couple of Tums and I was fine. I see one of your bikes is a 2010 Bonneville. How do you like it? I have been thinking about getting one as a second bike for a while now. How far can you comfortably ride it before needing a break?

#10 ·
150flyer said:
I see one of your bikes is a 2010 Bonneville. How do you like it? I have been thinking about getting one as a second bike for a while now. How far can you comfortably ride it before needing a break?
That is the typical question of a bmw-rider... He knows beforehand it will be less than with the :bmw: bike

10°C here, drizzle, more rain to come during the entire weekend, no barbecue in sight, snowcapped mountains at mid distance (1200-1500m) almost completely covered by clouds. I thin I stay in the office... :(

#11 ·
150flyer said:
I can make Haslet, TX in about 6 hours. I should ride down after my May 8th doctors visit - presuming he lets me go - and smack you one..... ;)

I've been sidelined for the past couple months due to a wrist injury. My doctor told me that last Tuesday Apr 17th, I could try a short ride. I'd say this qualifies as short. BBQ lunch in Canyon, TX.

http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=45634f8df968dff3c

Great ride but turned out my wrist wasn't quite ready for it. Have to wait a little longer before I try another, have to see what the doc says.

Sympathy - uh, yeah..... :rolleyes:

#12 ·
steveaikens said:
I can make Haslet, TX in about 6 hours. I should ride down after my May 8th doctors visit - presuming he lets me go - and smack you one..... ;)

I've been sidelined for the past couple months due to a wrist injury. My doctor told me that last Tuesday Apr 17th, I could try a short ride. I'd say this qualifies as short. BBQ lunch in Canyon, TX.

http://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=45634f8df968dff3c

Great ride but turned out my wrist wasn't quite ready for it. Have to wait a little longer before I try another, have to see what the doc says.

Sympathy - uh, yeah..... :rolleyes:
If it makes you feel any better, I am suffering from a sunburn on the back of my neck and I did have a dull headache the next morning from the tall, cold beers I had after the ride.

I'll be riding part of your route in June on the way to the Grand Canyon.

#14 ·
150flyer said:
Couple of Tums and I was fine. I see one of your bikes is a 2010 Bonneville. How do you like it? I have been thinking about getting one as a second bike for a while now. How far can you comfortably ride it before needing a break?
I can ride the Triumph about 2 hours before I have to stop . . . but most of the time I use it like you would use a scooter. It's my "around town" bike. It's great for errands because it gets good mileage and its easy to handle. And I have the Triumph bags so I can carry stuff.

#15 ·
150flyer said:

I had the same problem on Tuesday, I was forced to go to Austin for work and had to ride about 300 miles of back roads and come back the next day. Temp in the 70's, awful sunshine, and very little traffic. It was horrible! I'm paying for it now though. The weather is beautiful here in North Texas today and I'm at home with the kids all weekend because the wife is out of town.

#18 ·
#19 ·
150flyer said:
Thats too bad. Wishing you could have a better day. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.