BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a new front tire on my 01 and need to swap it out with the one on my new 03.

The brakes (caliper, rotor and ring) are different so am am wondering what you would do? Take both front wheels off and have the tire swapped or remove both wheels and swap the rotors and rings and simply put wheels back on the bikes. I assume the wheels are the same.

Another question.... are the brakes on the 03 integral or the EVO? I do hear the "Whirring" I have read about but am confused if that is simply the assist function?

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
lkniess said:
I just put a new front tire on my 01 and need to swap it out with the one on my new 03.

The brakes (caliper, rotor and ring) are different so am am wondering what you would do? Take both front wheels off and have the tire swapped or remove both wheels and swap the rotors and rings and simply put wheels back on the bikes. I assume the wheels are the same.

Another question.... are the brakes on the 03 integral or the EVO? I do hear the "Whirring" I have read about but am confused if that is simply the assist function?
Wheels are different too, No choice but to remove rubber. Brakes are Integral, not sure what years are EVO.

dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts