BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hanging out on this forum not for a while, dreaming about owning one of these fine machines. I test drove one about 3 months ago and fell in love with it but was not ready to jump in.
Today, I am going to a dealer to hopefully buy a 2005 LT. Looks good and has 50K on the clock. I will be giving them my 82 Goldwing in trade. It has been a good bike, but I ride 100 miles a day and it is just too old. It also handles the road like a wet noodle on marshmallows. Good news is that I am already used to riding a big top heavy pig, the LT I rode felt like a sport bike after the Wing.
I will post pictures if all goes well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I had that problem. They were either too much money or beat to shit. Keep looking .You'll find one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Wish me luck..

Tell me about it! Condition is subjective. I looked at one LT that was in great condition on the web. I spoke with the owner before driving quite a distance to check it out and he restated what great shape the bike was in. Question #1 " Why is there a smiley sticker over the blinking ABS warning light". Keep in mind I asked specifically about ABS issues on the phone. Answer " Oh it's always done that, dealer says it's fine." #2 "Why is the brake pedal pointing down?" Answer "I hit a guardrail with it going down the interstate". #3 "Why does the radio not work?" Answer "Huh, worked yesterday" #4 when were the brakes last done? Answer: " B'out a year ago" I asked this because the wheels were black with brake dust. Turns out the picture in the ad was 4 years old.

We bid farewell, went out for a nice lunch with wifey and laughed about the condition vs. asking price. I learned some new roads, saw some new territory and met some nice people along the way. Be patient, the right one will come along, so enjoy the search. I did however get sick of hearing " I guess It wasn't meant to be" because I myself have NO patience!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean, I have waited 3+ months to get a bike. My 82 Goldwing is needing to be replaced. I have looked at the LT's now and settled on them. I even went out and rode several other brands of bikes, but nothing was a good fit for me and my needs. I want an LT. I now have the bank funding it and just want to find the right one.
I would like to find it soo, as I am planning an IBA SS run in mid July and would rather be on an LT than the 32 year old Wing.

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
I know what you mean, I have waited 3+ months to get a bike. My 82 Goldwing is needing to be replaced. I have looked at the LT's now and settled on them. I even went out and rode several other brands of bikes, but nothing was a good fit for me and my needs. I want an LT. I now have the bank funding it and just want to find the right one.
I would like to find it soo, as I am planning an IBA SS run in mid July and would rather be on an LT than the 32 year old Wing.
The good news is that a late model LT should be only slightly less reliable than a 32 year old wing!:histerica

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Old Mopars

So tell us old Mopar owners what you have!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts