BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone shed some light on a hidden wiring outlet on the '02 LT. Just completed the
coolant change, which by the way went quite well using both the Clymers and the postings
here, and discovered a female harness exactly the same as the front power outlet behind
the engine spoiler on the opposite side. Wire colors are the same, red with a yellow stripe and the brown. In the Clymer manual, and I think I'm looking at this properly, it shows on the frame wiring diagram, two socket connectors, red and yellow with a brown, which
would be the front and rear power sockets, I assume. But I don't see a third item having
the same color scheme. At this point it's mainly curiosity, but it would be nice to know for
future additions,such as lighting or whatever. Thanks for sharing any insight.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,942 Posts
Yup the one on the right side is there to use if you wanted to add a socket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much, fast, just in the garage briefly and replies. Would it make any sense to
use this outlet as a source for switch and extra lights, such as the PIAA 1100X. Maybe I'm
barking up the wrong tree here and should just install another outlet. Although, as you know, there are two existing and only use the front for battery tender. Appreciate your thoughts
guys.
Larry

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,942 Posts
This is tied to the other socket and they both are protected by a single 15 amp fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts