BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The unit should arrive tomorrow. I also ordered the mount for it...so I would like to install it on the center panel , adjacent to the push button controls for audio,etc.

Haven't ordered a shop manual yet... I would greatly appreciate guidance on
1) how to remove the panel so I can install the mount, and

2) how to wire in the 665 into the system, if anyone has done this one. I am guessing whether it is this unit or other similar devices, the power source requirements and procedures will be the same..

Thanks, in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Clyde,
Go to the top of the page, select files, That will open a list of file locations, select technical files, brouse to page 2 and select Tupperware party. HTH

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I mounted mine on a shelf above the dash. My belief is that having it mounted there makes it quicker to look at it and then get my eyes back on what is going on in front of me, by just slightly shifting my eyes.

Currently it is mounted on the left hand side of the shelf. My assumption was that mounting it there was safer than mounting it on the right hand side where it might block my view of traffic entering on the right.

Soon I will be mounting it on the right though. I'm guessing that it will be easier to compare a picture of an up coming exit on an interstate, which are predominantly right hand turns, if the picture is on the right hand side.

I cut a notch beside the ON-OFF switch for the map light to route the wire into the tupperware. For power I used a piggy-back connector that pushes onto the map light's spade connector.

I ran the wires next to the right side tube for the seat bracket running over the gas tank. Since my LT has a cassette player with no auxiliary input, I drilled a small hole into the oddments box and hot glued the GPS's wiring harness female.

The antenna wire for the puck is long enough that it parallels the harness's run to the oddments box and plugs into the harness's connector.

I use a cassette adapter that plugs into the female and then into the cassette.

Best from Tucson
Bob

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John, Bob,
Many thanks for the guidance and help. I have prepped the bike and will be ready to install when the gear arrives.
Thanks Again,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.