BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 K 1200LT OK I have the problem with all lights flickering and actually blinking completly out at higher RPM. After ruling out the relay by swapping them around, past postings have me convinced that the problem lies in the grounding of the starter. I,m sure this sounds stupid, but how do you get to it? I can see the starter but it looks like the motor has to be droped for access. Please tell me there is an easier way!

Thanks for any insight. Bruce

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
brucester said:
2002 K 1200LT OK I have the problem with all lights flickering and actually blinking completly out at higher RPM. After ruling out the relay by swapping them around, past postings have me convinced that the problem lies in the grounding of the starter. I,m sure this sounds stupid, but how do you get to it? I can see the starter but it looks like the motor has to be droped for access. Please tell me there is an easier way!

Thanks for any insight. Bruce
Click here for a thread that may help, Bruce. Good luck.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Bruce,

The stater itself is probably solidly bolted down, just need to check the tightness of the wire going to it as well as Dicks suggested alt wire. It can be OK to start the engine but be loose enough to cause vibration problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts