BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My K1200 LT is a 2006 model and came without any intercom connections as BMW pre-sold me on their great bluetooth system that never got to the market. So I had a STARCOM system fitted and it is reasonable but not perfect in terms of integration. The guy who fitted that wired it direct to the battery with an inline fuse.
Then I fitted a GARMIN ZUMO 550 and that works partly through the STARCOM system but gets its power from elsewhere via yet another inline fuse.
Then I needed a trickle battery charger connected and of course it connects direct to the battery with a small plug that I connect up when the bike is stored in the garage.
Next I had to split the circuit for the BMW power sockets as the GERBING heated clothing that my wife and I use draw too many amps for the factory circuit. Now the rear socket is connected direct to the battery via yet another inline fuse.
I guess by now you are getting the picture that the connections around the battery are a mess!

Are there any factory installed connections that I can use to connect some of this equipment as I certainly do not like the way it is all set up at the moment?
I am also wondering what the small connector with Purple/Green & Purple/Brown wires and located under the rear of the passenger seat is for? Can anyone help out here?
Photo of referred plug is attached.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,420 Posts
That plug is the feed for the central locking solenoid on the top case. Find the other half to restore that function. Right now when you set the lockswith the FOB the top case will not be locking.

I use a Fuze Block FZ-1 on mine to clean up the wiring and it uses the same size fuses as the LT.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to JZEILER:
My K1200LT does not have the central locking feature so that connector I was asking about is not used but at least I now know what it could have been for.
Thanks for model reference on Fuze Block

1 - 5 of 5 Posts