BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, it's almost time to prepare the bike for a long winter sleep. I did not find the information in the the FAQ... segment , concerning the battery. Should I keep the battery on the tender all winter long or just charge it now and then. I have one of those gel battery. Thanks for the advises.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
claude2005 said:
Hi guys, it's almost time to prepare the bike for a long winter sleep. I did not find the information in the the FAQ... segment , concerning the battery. Should I keep the battery on the tender all winter long or just charge it now and then. I have one of those gel battery. Thanks for the advises.
I don't have a Gel battery but usually my winter prep is same as if I will be gone in summer (via airplane) on a business trip.. Put the Battery Tender on and along with the old GoldWing cover I have.. I try to do the service by miles and not worry about gas stabilizers and such. The only thing I have changed in 30+ years of riding is the adding of the Battery Tender and making sure the bike is cool before I put the cover on.. otherwise I cook the gas and it will turn quicker.. That usually happened when I used to start it once a month during the winter.. now with the Battery Tender I don't even start it for months.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts