BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completed more work than I ever attempted, and many thanks for the help along the way from several of you, and hands on by a local member of the BMW club helping me bleed the brakes.

I had new brake lines made from

http://www.h-e-lusa.com/

and would recommend them highly. Good folks to deal with, wonderful product, and they are on, waiting for the slightest hint of spring in WI, which appears to be a while in coming

I did rear brake rotor, new brake lines, bled the brakes, all filters, all fluids, quick connects, and took a few small parts to be painted that were scraped when a 65 mph wind blew the bike over. Couple new chrome parts that were also damaged that needed replacement.

I'm saying this to show that if I can do this, anyone can. Folks who have left information here are so helpful, and I'm very grateful. I often worked with this site on the computer next to the bike to look up any questions that I might have.

Special thanks to H-E-LUSA brake folks-their incredible discount for being a little longer than promised was a huge surprise. The quick response to every question I had was always prompt. Thanks. You have a customer for the next set of lines that i need.

The bike has 103K, ready to go for another bunch of miles.

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I looked at their site. Looks home made with poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Hopefully they took all of the saved time and effort from their web site and put it into their engineering and production! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
davebullock said:
I completed more work than I ever attempted, and many thanks for the help along the way from several of you, and hands on by a local member of the BMW club helping me bleed the brakes.

I had new brake lines made from

http://www.h-e-lusa.com/

and would recommend them highly. Good folks to deal with, wonderful product, and they are on, waiting for the slightest hint of spring in WI, which appears to be a while in coming

I did rear brake rotor, new brake lines, bled the brakes, all filters, all fluids, quick connects, and took a few small parts to be painted that were scraped when a 65 mph wind blew the bike over. Couple new chrome parts that were also damaged that needed replacement.

I'm saying this to show that if I can do this, anyone can. Folks who have left information here are so helpful, and I'm very grateful. I often worked with this site on the computer next to the bike to look up any questions that I might have.

Special thanks to H-E-LUSA brake folks-their incredible discount for being a little longer than promised was a huge surprise. The quick response to every question I had was always prompt. Thanks. You have a customer for the next set of lines that i need.

The bike has 103K, ready to go for another bunch of miles.

Dave

Dave, just for comparison purposes, what was the delivered price of the entire set?

Thanks, Robert.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
set was to be 275, or thereabouts with shipping. I sent my old lines to them, and they duplicated them, so few extra days.

They did not charge me at all since they were late in the order. I was surprised and thrilled.

That's right, free. Makes me want to go out and buy a few more 'necessary' things for the bike.

·
Registered
149 Posts
davebullock said:
set was to be 275, or thereabouts with shipping. I sent my old lines to them, and they duplicated them, so few extra days.

They did not charge me at all since they were late in the order. I was surprised and thrilled.

That's right, free. Makes me want to go out and buy a few more 'necessary' things for the bike.
That sounds like some exemplary service to me. I recently replaced all my front lines with the factory stuff but if I keep this bike I'll have to keep them in mind for a set of lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts