BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Aren’t they annoying at night? My Chevy truck has blinkers on the mirrors and they are annoying at night.

Reactions: CaliCruiser

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Nice! On an old Kawasaki KZ750 I put the front directionals in the rear view mirrors and the rear directionals in the tail section on each side where the reflectors were... that was in 1982.
I would have done the same on the LT, but I added BMW style Weiser UltraBright LED Turn Signals below the mirrors in the front which act as a driving lights when not signaling a turn.
In the rear I added the UtraBrights to the rear fender just below the license plate... for the directionals and brake lights.
All the wiring was done with waterproof quick disconnects for ease of removing panels.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car
Plant Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice! On an old Kawasaki KZ750 I put the front directionals in the rear view mirrors and the rear directionals in the tail section on each side where the reflectors were... that was in 1982.
I would have done the same on the LT, but I added BMW style Weiser UltraBright LED Turn Signals below the mirrors in the front which act as a driving lights when not signaling a turn.
In the rear I added the UtraBrights to the rear fender just below the license plate... for the directionals and brake lights.
All the wiring was done with waterproof quick disconnects for ease of removing panels.

View attachment 180454 View attachment 180455
I totally love that rear box cover 😻. Is that an aftermarket item or custom made. Cheers 🍻

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Thanks!
I love it, too since I only ride solo. It is a Corbin Smuggler trunk.
I bought it used from this site. Corbin no longer sells them, but... they are out there!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Front view with back rest... and the fit is wonderful!
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive side-view mirror

Side view... I think it is a lot more aerodynamic than the box hanging out back... for a solo rider!

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Fender

The Corbin Smuggler which installs just like the original box over the rear of the bike with four bolts, and where the rear seat mounts on each side in the front. It's a solid construction and it has a lot more space all the way down on each side in the front (where I shove a pair of sneakers and odds and ends) and in the back corner pockets which actually holds a lot of other items. It looks kind of goofy sitting on the front patio, but I like the way it blends in with the back of the bike when installed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks!
I love it, too since I only ride solo. It is a Corbin Smuggler trunk.
I bought it used from this site. Corbin no longer sells them, but... they are out there!

View attachment 180467

Front view with back rest... and the fit is wonderful!
View attachment 180466

Side view... I think it is a lot more aerodynamic than the box hanging out back... for a solo rider!

View attachment 180465

The Corbin Smuggler which installs just like the original box over the rear of the bike with four bolts, and where the rear seat mounts on each side in the front. It's a solid construction and it has a lot more space all the way down on each side in the front (where I shove a pair of sneakers and odds and ends) and in the back corner pockets which actually holds a lot of other items. It looks kind of goofy sitting on the front patio, but I like the way it blends in with the back of the bike when installed.
Thanks for replying bud. 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts