BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who makes a direct replacement windshield for the 05 k1200lt?? I need a new one and I want what was called the high windshield. The dealer's partsman doesn't know and can't order one. Thanks Chuck

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think the slipstreamer is effectively a duplicate of the original, the S-122 is +2 taller than the standard stock. These can be purchased on Amazon or from a variety of other retailers and run around $100.

Cee Baileys also sells a direct replacement of the stock windshield cut and shape in a variety of heights in addition to the #2 reverse contour and hyperflow series http://www.ceebaileys.com

Both are available clear or tinted and the main difference between these products and the factory is that I think they are both acrylic rather than the factory polycarbonate. The slipstreamer is about 1/2 the price but only 3/16" thick whereas the Cee Bailey is 1/4" thick. I have searched the site for review on the slipstreamer and it looks like the feedback is good on them but others may chime in with their opinions.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
cuffer101 said:
Does anyone know who makes a direct replacement windshield for the 05 k1200lt?? I need a new one and I want what was called the high windshield. The dealer's partsman doesn't know and can't order one. Thanks Chuck
Google 'National Cycle Streeet Shields', and also 'Leatherup' --- my understanding from back in the day is that National makes the OEM replacement LT shield. When I got a replacement shield for ole Toad, it even had the roundel etched in the lower center edge of the shield, but I wuz told that National made it under contract with BMW - I never proved that to myself, and it may have been a rumor, but it worked.
Acrylic vs polycarbonate? I dunno which it wuz. I've since replaced it with a BMW shield from a salvaged LT.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I use a Cee Bailey's #2 -2 and love it.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Look at Beemerboneyard.com. They have some used LT OEM windshields for a reasonable price. The boneyard checks out their used parts pretty closely, so you should find some decent choices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts