BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my LT for about a year and always/only used water or mild car wash soap to clean my windshield as BMW recommends. I keep a spray bottle of water near my bike and after every ride, I spray the front end/windshield, walk away and let the bugs dissolve for a while before cleaning. This works well but I wanted to protect the windshield like I protect the paint, especially since it is showing signs of deterioration.

Some people have commented on this site that they use Turtle Wax Ice on the windshield with good results. I was hesitant to do this, but the previous owner always washed the windshield with Windex after every ride and I can see the shield needed help. So, I tried the Ice on it and the fins as well. Wow! I am pleased. It not only smoothed the surfaces and provides protection, it cleared up the fogging. I didn't even realize that the plastic was foggy till I saw the change. I thought that's just the way it looks.

I'm not saying this will have good long term results. However, I think it's worth while for those using this to post updates on how the windshields/fins are doing with this product. So far, it's great. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
My best results have been with nothing but water and a micro-fibre rag.

Never a fogging problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Our BMW dealership sells a cleaner, polish in a spray aerosol can that works great to polish the screen and clean any bugs off it.... and the rest of the fairing. The other day it was humid and for the first time I noticed some fogging around the edges of the screen. This was an area that must not have been hit with the polish/cleaner. Two seconds later after a quick spray and wipe with a soft cloth I was on the road with no fogging with a protected and poish windscreen. http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/plexus.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts