BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I should have put this in the "windshield" sub-forum! (grinning icon)

This morning, for the first time ever, my windshield completely fogged over. Must have been something to do with the humidity or maybe it was just way too dirty, but it was so fogged up that I could not see through it.

I generally look over the top anyway, but I was quite surprised. My speed ranged from below 10 to about 60+ and it remained foggy for about 10 miles. I left the house this morning and the temp was around 45. It hit 75 on my ride home. Severe Clear......

Guess it's time to give her a good bath as it has been a while.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yup, it happens. Especially when the temps are down close to the dewpoint and the air is saturated. Since you look over the screen anyway (as you're supposed to), no worries.
I've also noticed it fogs often after riding in the rain when I park in the garage. The heat of the engine steaming off water under the tupperware condenses on the cool windshield.

mwnahas said:
I really think what Dan encountered was condensation on the back side of the screen, not the 'permanent' fogging of the plastic as discussed in that thread.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I was just down in Bonita Springs for a week of riding and several mornings when it was very foggy my windshield stayed foggy for quite some time.

By the way, I rode clear up near your area for a long day ride. I rode around the green swamp area. 425 miles that day mostly on co. roads and highways. Very little traffic and I never passed a cop. A great day!!!

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts