BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a cross post from ergo as I am not getting much traction there.

There is much talk here about shield height and for very good reason. But should we be talking more about Shield Position rather than Shield Height.

At the low position the shield is on a much more horizontal plane than at the high poisition. Has anyone compared a taller windshield at the lower position vs a shorter windshield at a higher position?

Given the HUGE amount of negative pressure and wind and cold driving down my neck at the high position (shield almost vertical) I will assume that a higher windshield at the low postion may be better but I would love to hear from you all. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
yup.. I'm a bit over 6' and had the stock "short" BMW windshield. very uncomfortable.. got the BMW tall shield.. made big improvement!

I know there are other designs, sizes.. seems it's more of a "try it you might like it."

It would be cool if there were several we could "share" to have several to try out... wouldn't matter if they are scratched, dented, etc... because we're trying to find a "design" that works...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts