BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding 200 miles in the rain yesterday I know I really do need a better windshield. I think the coating or something is coming off my stock one (99 model). I don't care so much about buffeting, rain protection, or all the other things a windshield does I just want one I can see through when it is raining. This bike offers so much protection from the elements but if I can't see I can't enjoy. Any suggestions as to where I might find what I am looking for?

·
Registered
676 Posts
budzee...So far I haven't seen one with a windshield wiper, and so I always have to lower the windshield enough to see over it...I have seen some posts here that people have used Rain-X to get the water off better, but my take is that a windshield should always be positioned so you can see over the top anyway... :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
budzee said:
After riding 200 miles in the rain yesterday I know I really do need a better windshield. I think the coating or something is coming off my stock one (99 model). I don't care so much about buffeting, rain protection, or all the other things a windshield does I just want one I can see through when it is raining. This bike offers so much protection from the elements but if I can't see I can't enjoy. Any suggestions as to where I might find what I am looking for?
On the left handgrip just a little inboard of the high beam switch. It is the rocker switch that lowers the windshield so that you can see over it!

Then again, I am not sure of the 99 has this very nice feature. If not, then if you think your winshield is trashed already, you could try Plexus or such. I would probably try hitting both sides with a good dose of isopropyl alcohol first though.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I have a parabellum you can try if you like. Keep it a few weeks, see if you like it. at least that will give you one option to try, if it does not work for you try a cee bailey. I have a cee bailey on my bike now and find there are places that the clarity is distorted, The parabellum does not have any distortion at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts