BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just making a comment, and see what everyone thinks. I bought my 06 LT about 4 months ago, and have been riding the crap out of it.. Mostly in town with SOME highway. Anyway, the first 5 fill ups i was getting a solid 40 or 41 mpg. Never varied more than that.
2 months into ownership, i did an oil service, and at the same time replaced my CeeBaylees #1 Standard Design 24" With Wind Wings with a Ceebaylees Reverse Contour Windshield 22". Every fill up after that (9 fill ups so far) averaged 48 mpg constant. This is not by the computer, but by actual fill up/mile calculations. The windsheild is awesome, and much lighter than the other.. Could this make that much difference, or could it have been the oil service.. ( the oil was clean when i changed it). Weird. but i love the added mpg.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I met Carl Reese at West Valley Cycle Sales, the guy that holds the Guiness record for LA to NY (under 39 hours), riding a K1600GT a couple of weeks ago. He replaced his windshield and got 10 mpg less with the new one. So yes, changing the windshield can have a profound effect on mileage (in your case to the better, in Carl's case to the worse). FYI - his overall average speed was 74, with a moving average of 85...

:sun:

Reactions: BeemerJoe

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, i can tell you that it sure made me feel better.. all this time i'd been reading about people getting in the high 40s to 50s mpg, and here i was only getting 40 and sometimes 39 (not much better than my Harley got). So Kudos to Ceebaileys lol.
ANYONE ONE A TALL CEEBAYLEES WINDSHIELD CHEAP. If your close to Florida, i'll let you have it for 100 bucks. To big and expensive to ship.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I went from Stock to Ceebaylees Reverse Contour a few years ago and noticed better mileage after as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts