BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
AntRT said:
Push the button and nada. Any suggestions before I take it to the shop? It's a 2011 so I'm guessing warranty will cover it right?
Yes Warranty is your best bet. Don't mess with it other than the control button.

·
Registered
204 Posts
gerhard said:
I would check the fuse, if it was the fuse I would make sure to mention it at the next service.

Gerhard
There is no fuse. Electrical faults are dealt with by the microprocessors in the Canbus system.

Failures of the electrical switch clusters on the post 2010 models are very common. 99% chance it is the switch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2011 R1200RT. Same problem. My windshield would go down, but NOT up.
At first, when the bike cooled down, the problem would correct itself, then one day it was
a permanant problem. Dealer said it was a common problem and he replaced the entire
switch housing on the left side under warranty. NO more problem. passnthru

·
Registered
285 Posts
I bet a buck that it's the switch... left side is really bad. Right (brake) side switch gear seems to be much better.

I got a 2010 and lost the cruise control, then the windshield, then the horn, and then the cruise control again on mine. But I've only had the clutch side switch gear replaced twice. It's not working on cruise right now so I need a 3rd replacement. I have about 32,000 miles on mine. I'm guessing these are NOT 1 million cycle switches.

Some people say it's heat while others say it's rain that does the switches in. I do heat often and rain sometimes. I wonder why BMW doesn't get after the supplier.

tsp
My Motorcycle Blog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.