BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone out there have the motor off and pulled off it's plastic white cover?

Do you know how to time the motor and re-install motor assembly so it operates correctly?

Reason for removal was that an accident bent the arms and broke the plastic base. Patched the base back together with aluminum strips and rivets, worked great, and straightened the 3 bent arms. One was okay. They are soft metal and easy to straighten.

Now need to get the motor back on and working, but we removed the white plastic cover and in doing so put the device out of sync. Blue switch seems to be the rotation control, but not sure. More guess work this weekend. Manual seems useless.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,109 Posts
I'll have to check when I get back to the hotel but the limit switches are in the mechanism so the motor installation requires no timing (I think). Will look tonite.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I have my windscreen motor out and would like to "play with it and hopefully repair it". I'm not at all familiar with duel direction motor wiring. Which leads should be energized and which should be common? The relays are good.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I took it apart. Saw how it works. Problem is a weak motor. Beemer boneyard is out of stock. $67. Anyone have one to sell?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
We may have one Tom. Will need to go to the shop tomorrow and see. PM me if you are still looking for a used one.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts