BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an OEM K1200LT shop manual on an OEM CD that has an early printing date. It lists a few Windows OS systems that it will work on - Win 97, 98, NT, and one other that I can't remember at the moment. I'm not using it - have two OEM paper manuals - and am wondering if any of the newer Win OS can handle the CD. Neither of my laptops have a CD drive, so I can't check, and my desktop is such as dinosaur, it is just waiting to transform into a boat anchor, if my ship ever comes in!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Would anyone know, should I decide to sell or donate the CD, if it will work with current versions of Windows OSs? I would naturally include a disclaimer with the ad or the offer. TIA.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Dick said:
I've got an OEM K1200LT shop manual on an OEM CD that has an early printing date. It lists a few Windows OS systems that it will work on - Win 97, 98, NT, and one other that I can't remember at the moment. I'm not using it - have two OEM paper manuals - and am wondering if any of the newer Win OS can handle the CD. Neither of my laptops have a CD drive, so I can't check, and my desktop is such as dinosaur, it is just waiting to transform into a boat anchor, if my ship ever comes in!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Would anyone know, should I decide to sell or donate the CD, if it will work with current versions of Windows OSs? I would naturally include a disclaimer with the ad or the offer. TIA.
It should work on XP. XP is a derivative of NT. I believe it is just an Adobe file, have someone copy it to a USB stick for you then you can use it.

Garry

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
It is just a 40 mb pdf file that should be able to be read on any windows operating system.

I just used Pando and emailed it from my desktop to my netbook so that I could have it with me on trips.

I will PM you.

Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts